KRISTIN SOKOLOWSKI wears many hats at KKTV, the Colorado Springs CBS, now that she’s moved from Lincoln, Nebraska where she graduated from the University of Nebraska with a Journalism Degree and with minors in Spanish, English and History. She writes, shoots, and edits commercials for KKTV’s clients but is also adept at creating graphics in all the Adobe software programs. her former co-workers and superiors gave her high marks for her teamwork, organization and overall skills. Kristin’s found herself at home in the mountains there in the Springs, situated at around 6000 feet, with her beloved dachshund, Bella. Well Dunne! Kristin.
Job Alert – Paul is still on the hunt for a great w/p. A growing operation, that’s what he’s got going.
Job Alert – DONNA WESTON at WRC is still searching for a great nighttime Topical.
Job Alert – KEN BAUER is expanding his department. Excellent! Here’s the scoop:
Reports To: Creative Services Director
Hearst Television’s CW affiliate in Fort Smith-Fayetteville, Arkansas, is looking for a Promotion Manager to oversee The Arkansas CW. We’re one of the country’s fastest growing CW stations and we rank in the Top 20 for prime time ratings, but with success comes even more expectations and you will be one of the key contributors in 2012 and beyond. The candidate must be highly creative with excellent multitasking skills. This position will help with strategic planning and brand management for The Arkansas CW. In addition to brand management, image, program and website promotion, the person will also implement contesting, sales support campaigns, special partnerships and community outreach projects. They will also plan and execute outside marketing and grass roots marketing efforts for The Arkansas CW. This is a hands-on position that writes, shoots and edits. Entertainment programming promotion experience is preferred.
- • Oversee daily marketing needs for The Arkansas CW
- • Produce multi-platform promotion for The Arkansas CW.
- • Produce and execute community outreach events, including on-air promotion and event planning/execution
- • Produce client commercials, as assigned
- • Assist with daily logs for CW stations
• Prefer at least two years of experience as a media promotion Writer/Producer
• Prefer two years of experience shooting, lighting and non-linear editing.
- • Experience with Adobe applications a must.
- • Work well under extreme deadlines, manage multiple projects at once and be a self-starter
- • Strong writing and organization skills
- • Must be able to shoot and edit their own projects
- • Graphic design skills are preferred
- • Ability to work a flexible schedule
- • High School diploma
- • Bachelor’s Degree or some college preferred
- • Relevant work experience in lieu of college is acceptable
To Apply: Please forward your résumé and a portfolio of work to:
Creative Services Director
2809 Ajax Avenue, Suite 200
Rogers, AR 72758
Think About This: “The word ‘reconcile’ means to restore to friendship or harmony. In each of our pasts there is something that might be restored to friendship or harmony. For some it’s a relationship that became difficult. For others it might be a lost opportunity or unmet expectations. It can be an old hurt or misunderstanding that has never been resolved.” “Whatever has not been reconciled in our mind we carry forth as a part of us that is lacking in order or harmony. Often the solution rests in allowing ourselves to perceive in a new way that is unencumbered by old ideas or outdated concepts.” “The good news is that each of us is totally capable of reconciliation – and absolutely in charge of our ability to bring this about.” ~ Ron Scott