Excellent news for the sports fans amongst you…and if research is on target, it’s a lot of you and growing faster than bamboo. DINO MARKUS has been named Director of Video for USA Today Sports Media Group. He comes over from The Bleacher Report where he was Director of Video Production and Programming. He’s got tons of great background work, including being head writer and producer for Jim Rome is Burning on ESPN. He’s a University of Michigan alum, so all you rabid Michigan folks should be happy for him. A big Well Dunne! to you Dino!
Sending sincere condolences to voice pro CHRIS CORLEY, whose mother made her transition to spirit over the weekend.
Job Alert – w/p for ED TUDOR down Hampton Roads way.
WVEC 13News, the ABC affiliate in the Norfolk/ Virginia Beach, VA market is looking for a talented, highly motivated Creative Services Writer/Producer. As a part of our award winning Creative Services Team, you will have a hand in everything, from writing and editing, both station promotion and client commercials to working half-hour shows and helping to drive our station brand.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication or related field.
- 3-5 yrs of news promotion/production and/or commercial production experience.
- Comfortable working directly with station commercial clients.
- Non-linear editing with hands-on experience with Adobe Creative Suite including After Effects and Premier.
- Demonstrated strong oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks to meet daily deadlines.
- Write, produce and edit news image, station promotions, client commercials and other marketing initiatives. Also write, produce and edit daily news topicals (when needed.)
- Participate in on-location/studio productions.
- Edit station and radio spot promotions
- Daily communication with news and sales departments to execute station promotions/brand marketing and commercial production.
To apply, forward a resume’, cover letter (please indicate you are applying for Producer/Writer Position 1) and demo reel or link to your past work to:
WVEC 13News 613 Woodis Avenue Norfolk, VA 23510 Email email@example.com
No phone calls please.
Think About This: "People do not fight because they are wicked… War is waged primarily for the sake of what is central…bread. Help the needy. Feed the starving. Assuage the painof those who are hungry….It is the means of preventing warand securing the great blessing of peace." ~ Rabbi Benjamin Blech