CHRIS FRIEDRICHS got an early Christmas present. Chris is the VP of Creative at Fox in Orlando and he’s found a super writer producer, which was what he wanted. Let him tell you about the new addition: Please join me in welcoming JAY CHALMERS to FOX 35’s Creative Services Department as writer/producer. Jay comes to us most recently from Jacksonville, FL where he worked as a promotion writer/producer at Gannett’s First Coast News duopoly (NBC/ABC). Jay is a Florida State University graduate and studied extensively at SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design). He began his television career in Gainesville, FL. Jay brings a wealth experience in broadcast marketing, news and numerous design disciplines. He will be a great asset to our department and to FOX 35. His first day will be Monday, December 8th. Well Dunne! Jay.
Job Alert – the one and only CARRIE KING sent this along from Fox Chicago, where she’s on the hunt for a Creative Services Manager.
The Creative Services Manager is responsible for helping to create and sustain powerful brand positions that increase ratings and revenue for a wide variety of on and off-air marketing initiatives at the Fox duopoly in Chicago.
- Managerial experience of creative teams within a broadcast television, cable, agency or post-production environment
- 5 + years non-linear editing experience, preferably on an Avid platform
- Demonstrable experience writing/producing/editing news and entertainment programming promotions under tight deadlines – while achieving optimum brand impact
- Ability to concept and execute brand strategies at the cutting edge, in such a way that our duopoly will hold and maintain the competitive lead in Chicago in terms of rating and revenue performance
- Conceptual development and production of powerful, market-leading image identity campaigns
- Production of compelling spots that take a unique approach and connect with viewers in very untraditional ways
- An intelligent risk-taker with demonstrable ability to motivate a staff of promo producers and graphic artists
- Increase viewer tune-in through the consistent production of top quality promotions
- Create promotional material for the Sales department
- Coordinate advertiser/station promotion tie-ins
- Liaison with Fox networks regarding station promotional activities
- Develop and coordinate viewer-related contests
- Strong hands-on leader and motivator with the ability to direct and inspire the creative staff
- Team player, able to instill the concept of teamwork within the department and work well with other departments
- 5 + years managing creative teams in a top 10 market
- Excellent communication, organizational and media management skills
- High levels of self-initiative with an innately proactive “get it done” attitude
- Strong writing skills. Good understanding of how to sell news stories and station programming to target demographics
- Ability to produce promos with a distinctive, trademark edge
- Knowledge of Adobe products software with solid motion design skills are a plus
Qualified candidates should submit their resume with link to demo reel and cover letter via e-mail to: email@example.com
Resumes without link to demo reel will not be considered.
Think About This: “Our eyes are for looking at things,
But they are also for crying
When we are very happy or very sad.
Our ears are for listening,
But so are our hearts.
Our noses are for smelling food,
But also the wind and the grass and
If we try very hard, butterflies.
Our hands are for feeling,
But also for hugging and touching so gently.
Our mouths and tongues are for tasting,
But also for saying words, like
"I love you," and
"Thank you, God, for all of these things." ~ Mattie J.T. Stepanek