Take care if you’re in the path of the great Noreast Blizzard. Note to Weather Channel – you can call any storm any name you want, but it’s still not going to catch on.
Job Alert – Production Manager / Design Director.
Reports To Creative Services Director WDSU-TV (NBC) is searching for an experienced and highly skilled Production Manager / Design Director. This position calls for a hands-on leader with a track record of creatively translating ideas into polished products. Working closely with the CSD, this position will conceptualize and execute visually compelling media across multiple platforms in support of our news brand, sales initiatives, and station marketing. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional design skills with a willingness to challenge the expected. The ability to maintain a great attitude, demanding excellence while juggling multiple projects is essential. A compelling reel and print portfolio are a must. Advertising agency experience is preferred.
To sample some of our recent work, please follow this link: http://youtu.be/VW3gaaBhjOk
- Work with Creative Services Director to ensure consistency in our station’s and News product’s image and branding.
- Work with the CSD and Asst. CSD to develop and implement strategies for promoting the station’s News brand and image.
- Create visual elements for special news events, special coverage, high-impact stories and long-form programs.
- Collaborate with Creative Services managers and producers to create imaginative and persuasive spots and multi-platform campaigns in support of the station’s promotional and marketing goals.
- Develop high end media presentations for Sales Dept. initiatives and client proposals.
- 5-8 years of broadcast television or agency experience with background in brand design/development
- Viz rt and broadcast production experience a big plus.
- Expert in design, typography, layout.
- Advanced skills in After Effects, Cinema 4D (or other 3D software), Illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere software. (Solid skills in Autodesk Maya a plus)
- Able to recognize hot design trends
- Ability to package products consistently across media; TV, PRINT and Web.
- Direct knowledge of New Orleans’ unique culture not required, but a definite plus.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher (Design, Art, Marketing or related field preferred) plus Relevant work experience in lieu of college is acceptable
To Apply: Send or email your resume along with a web-link to samples of your current work to: Billy Pilgrim, Creative Services Director WDSU-TV 846 Howard Ave, New Orleans, LA 70113 firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you catch the great write-up RAY RICHMOND got in the Huff Post for his uber cool fortune cookies?
Think About This: “Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.” ~ Eskimo Proverb