From the ‘better late than never’ file we need to send kudos on two promotions over at CBS Television Distribution. Let’s hear it for SARAH LABRACHE and ANNE de VEGA, both named VP CBS On-Air Promotion. Anne has a station background, having worked as a promo producer at both WCCO in Minneapolis and KCBS in LA. That’s Sarah in the pix for those of you looking at the blog site itself. Great big Well Dunne! to two talented ladies.
Job Alert – Graphic Designer CBS Dallas-Fort Worth
CBS 11 and TXA 21 are looking for a graphic designer to join our Creative Services team! Our studios are located in Fort Worth, TX. The cost of living is low and there is NO STATE INCOME TAX IN TEXAS!
Here’s what you’d be doing….
- Design and build news graphic requests daily, meeting required deadlines and in an accurate manner.
- Use Curious Mapping software to create still and animated maps for newscast.
- Use various software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Cinema 4D and others to design and build requested graphic projects for promotions and client services. These projects may include 2D and 3D requests.
- Follow Art Department protocol for archiving and maintaining graphic art systems and storage.
- Contribute ideas and designs to maintain the overall look of the stations.
- Other duties as assigned by the On Air Design Manager and VP of Creative Services.
At least 3 years of professional graphic design experience required as well as a related degree in the field. Please apply online at cbsdfw.com or if the position is not listed yet, please send your resume and reel to email@example.com.
Job Alert – copywriter Fox Sports LA job FNG0002229
Good Marketing Gone Wrong – Thanks to the folks at Forbes for sending me a $2,000 off coupon for my first chartered Lear Jet flight. Will definitely make me reconsider flying commercial.
Think About This: “I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success…such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.” ~ Nikola Tesla