Today is the first day ERIN MARTIN is spending as Promotion Manager at Scripps’ WXYZ in Detroit. Ms. Erin is a Southfield, MI native (google map it) and her hire has made her new boss, CSD DAVE BAUMANN, a very happy man. The impressive Ms. Martin is coming from CBS affil WKMG in Orlando where she had the PM title. Erin has graced the promo efforts of WFTV in Orlando and started her broadcast adventure in the news departments of WOFL in O’Town and WWMT in one of my favorite places, Kalamazoo. Very Well Dunne! Erin.
Sending healing and laughter (which is the best medicine) to Well Dunne!’s NICK SANABRIA, who is recovering from getting some knee work done. His voice is 1000% so that’s a good thing. You all do know he’s the creative behind the hilarious, but NSFW, Horserace, right?
Job Alert – Preditor for Promos Comcast SportsNet Houston
Job Alert – Are you a gifted artist who wants to be part of a city unlike anything else in the country? The Tribune Broadcasting TV station in New Orleans is looking for a night side Graphic Designer (1:30-10:30P) with cutting edge skills in graphic design. The Graphic Designer is responsible for developing, designing and producing high quality news graphics for WGNO-TV’s newscasts (News With A Twist, News At 10PM) as well as providing graphic support to Sales and Promotions departments.
- To not take life so seriously. It’s a Nawlins thing!
- To produce high quality graphics that successfully communicate the message desired by the News and/or Creative Services Departments.
- To develop concepts, ideas and execute final artwork and animation for news, promotion and programming.
- To have user/playback knowledge of all crucial systems used in the graphics area including Macs, and programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Cinema 4D and knowledge of tickers.
- To maintain quality control checks, including but not limited to, spelling, organization of information, clear and easy to understand presentation of the graphics.
- Must communicate well, and develop a good working relationship with afternoon and night side news producers and reporters in order to assess their needs and deliver what is expected.
- Help develop the design and coordination of pre-production and/or animation; make suggestions, provide sources and digital files, consult with director (if needed) before production, and ensure that the finished work is delivered to the final destination.
- To communicate with the creative team, and all station employees in a professional and positive manner.
- To exhibit a positive attitude towards work and company policies, and at all times, encourages a positive and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to find and consume the best food on this planet.
- Minimum 2 years Creative Services experience in a design environment, boutique, post-production house.
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, After Effects, and Illustrator. VizRT and Final Cut Pro experience preferred but not required.
- Proficiency with Mac OS and Windows.
- All aspects of promo production, including motion graphics, animation and non-linear editing.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and a link to your portfolio to Jeff Funk, email@example.com, #1 Galleria Blvd., Ste. 850, Metairie, LA 70001, fax (504)569-0952. EOE.
Think About This: “When you have spiritual security, you have no more feeling of need for material security. I don’t know anybody who feels more secure than I do—and, of course, people think l am the poorest of the poor. I know better, I am the richest of the rich. I have health, happiness, inner peace—things you couldn’t buy if you were a billionaire." ~ Peace Pilgrim