It took a long time to find the perfect writer producer at WXIN in Indianapolis, but they did. And it seems like the wait was well worth it from what they tell me. The newest member of the Fox affil team at the Tribune duopoly in Indy is KAITLIN MCQUEEN. She’s a former intern for WXIN, so her first day as a ‘this is a real job’ was no doubt much more fun than normal. Kaitlin calls Rolling Prairie, IN home. For those of you with an A in geography, RP is thisclose to South Bend which is where Ms. Kaitlin has been honing her promo chops at NBC affil WNDU. Have a blast with CSD MICHAEL BROUDER, Kaitlin. Well Dunne!
ALEXANDER SHAW is just great. Very focused on doing the best creative and marketing. He’s the CSD at Scripps’ WMAR, ABC in Baltimore. He’s on the hunt and wants to find someone who can really make a contribution to the overall effort – so here’s your shot to get on with one of the very best run broadcast groups. Job Alert details follow: Can you craft creative copy to spin straw into gold? Are your promo scripts so compelling, you make news producers want to watch their own newscasts? Looking for your creativity to get noticed, and ready for a new challenge in a top 30 market? Then it’s time to apply to WMAR ABC2!
The traditional ways of TV marketing are dead. You know it, we know it. So join a progressive, forward thinking company that is changing with the times! WMAR ABC2, the E.W. Scripps owned ABC affiliate in Baltimore, MD (market #27) has an immediate opening for an experienced, news hungry preditor to join our award winning Creative Services team!
If you understand how to grab an audience with compelling copy, live and breathe creative marketing, and have strong Final Cut and After Effects experience, we want to hear from you asap. In this full time position you will write, produce, edit and design effective daily news topical and brand image spots for both on-air and new media. You won’t just produce spots, you’ll market ideas across all platforms.
This is not an entry level position, previous experience writing news topicals is essential. If you are ready to take the next step in your career, and thrive on the creative process, apply today.
Applications without a link to work samples will be tossed into a dark void, never to be seen again.
(Did we mention a sense of humor helps?)
- Write, produce, and edit daily topicals, special report promos, PSAs, etc
- Quickly recognize and defend highly promotable news topics.
- Be a team player who takes initiative without supervision to improve on-air production.
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline driven, and creative environment.
- Ability to learn and adjust to new television and web technology.
- Assist in social media promotional efforts.
- Periodically assist in promotional events.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Creative Services.
- A master of news promo copywriting, you are no stranger to the quick topical turn.
- Two years experience as a Creative Services Writer/Producer/Editor in a small to mid-size market.
- Solid experience in Final Cut Pro and After Effects.
- Be able to work well under tight deadlines both independently and with groups.
- College degree from an accredited College or University with a focus on Journalism, Design, New Media, Marketing, Television, Mass Communications, or related field.
- Valid driver’s license, and available to work an evening shift.
Sending our condolences to GRAEME NEWELL whose father passed away. Losing a parent is one of life’s saddest occasions.
Think About This: "Where there are too many policemen, there is no liberty. Where there are too many soldiers, there is no peace. Where there are too many lawyers, there is no justice." ~ Lin Yutang