Wonderful news 4 a fave…JEREMY CLAYPOOL is the new Promotion Manager for Fox KTTV in LA. He’ll be making the switch from KNBC where he was writing and producing topicals. Jeremy has a busy few weeks ahead…Thanksgiving, an exciting trip 2 Japan, finding a place on the westside w/ his fiancé and then the new job. Could not happen to a better guy. Well Dunne!
Job Alert – Promo Producer WHDH Boston
Job Alert– Nighttime Topical Producer KNBC Burbank
Job Alert – Broadcast Commercial Producer/Preditor Are you a brand storyteller who wants to be part of a city unlike anything else in the country and work with some of the most interesting clients you’ll ever meet? The Tribune Broadcasting TV station in New Orleans is looking for a broadcast commercial producer. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participates and coordinates all parts of the creation of a TV spot from inception to broadcast.
• Includes pre-production and planning meeting with account sales executives and clients; script writing, professional voice over and selection of music bed. • Edit efficiently in Final Cut Pro (Motion, Live type, etc.) and Abode Production Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, etc
• Operating of all portable video (field cameras) and audio equipment.
• Transports and sets up all required lighting and audio equipment including lavalieres, wireless receivers, handheld and shotgun microphones.
• Provides limited troubleshooting and maintenance of field production equipment.
• Assist with costumes, props, music, or other additional equipment or personnel needed to complete the production.
• Compresses video projects for output; makes video copies for clients and broadcast.
• Responsible for the quality of each commercial produced.
• Verify that commercials meet certain legal and broadcasting standards.
• Reviews productions to ensure objectives are attained according to client requirements and insures production is ready for air prior to start date.
OTHER RESPONSIBLITIES may include but are not limited to:
• Participate at station promotional events as necessary.
• May perform some maintenance on production vehicle such as checking oil, tire pressure, etc.
• Familiarizes various station personnel with all production and use of audio/video equipment as necessary.
- Ability to find and consume the best food on this planet.
- Minimum 2 years commercial production experience
- Advanced knowledge of Final Cut and Adobe Production Suite (Photoshop, After Effects, and Illustrator)
- Proficiency with Mac OS and Windows.
- All aspects of promo production, including motion graphics, animation and non-linear editing.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and a link to your portfolio to Jeff Funk, firstname.lastname@example.org, #1 Galleria Blvd., Ste. 850, Metairie, LA 70001, fax (504)569-0952. EOE.
Think About This: “"There are no little events in life, those we think of no consequence may be full of fate, and it is at our own risk if we neglect the acquaintances and opportunities that seem to be casually offered, and of small importance." ~ Amelia E. Barr