Raleigh’s WRAL has not one but two people who are smiling more broadly than usual. First, DON URSICH is moving into the Promotion Writer/Producer slot that CSD SHELLY LESLIE has had open while she searched for the perfect team member. Don was nearly under her nose…he was at sister station Fox 50 in The Triangle. Don started his career as a director in Ohio, and made the transition to promotion at Raleigh’s CW22. He joined FOX 50 the first time back in 2009, then worked at CBC’s Charlotte stations as producer and promotion manager, then came back to FOX last year.
But wait – there’s more. JUSTIN ARNER is now handling Topicals at WRAL. He’s been writing and producing (and winning awards for his efforts) so now his work will get prime time exposure. Well Dunne! to both Don and Justin.
Job Alert – Shelley is looking for a Social Media Manager.
Job Alert – CBS KOVR in Sacramento is looking for a Graphics pro.
Job Alert – writer/producer/editor promotions Bravo LA job 13634BR
Job Alert – Promotions Creative Director NBC News NYC job 12250BR
Job Alert – Creative Writer/Producer/Editor/Brand Storyteller WGNO-TV (ABC) & NOLA 38 (CW) Tribune – New Orleans, LA
Are you a gifted storyteller who wants to be part of a city unlike anything else in the country? Does hot gumbo, the sounds of jazz and eclectic people make you jump around? The Tribune Broadcasting duopoly in New Orleans is on the lookout for a dynamic Writer/Producer/Editor and Storyteller. Not only will you have the lofty task of elevating the station’s reputation for delivering nationally award winning image promos, but you must have the ability to also build ratings through some kick butt writing as well as head turning news and syndicated topicals. If that’s not enough, you’ll dive right in with the creation of compelling long format on air and online storytelling to support its one of kind news program. Yes, our newscast is set in a bar. The ideal candidate must have experience in all aspects of current promo production processes, including shooting, lighting, motion graphics, videography, non-linear editing and post production. Hopefully you are versed in how social media and digital content play vital roles in the success of a marketing and sales plan. A boutique agency, post-production, broadcast television or cable background is ideal.
- Appetite for Cajun food and drinks without those silly little umbrellas
- Minimum of 2 years Creative Services experience in on-air cable or broadcast environment, boutique agency, or post-production house
- 2 years’ experience in Adobe Creative Suite (especially After Fx)
- 2 years’ experience in Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere
- Consistent use DSLR technology and digital video cameras
- Proficiency with Mac OS and file base management
- Strong aptitude for new technology, WordPress and social media
- A sense of humor and authentic, conversational writing style
- Self-directing, self-motivating, with ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Versatile team player with the ability to help increase ratings with unique, cutting-edge creativity
- Competitive spirit, strong team collaborator and an open mind
Email your resume w/online link to your demo reel* to: email@example.com
Jeff Funk Creative Director, Innovation And Imagination WGNO-TV/ NOLA 38
*All resumes without links to a demo reel will be stewed at our next crawfish boil.
Those of you who think that cold will just get better. No. I ended up with pneumonia thinking that. Take care of yourselves.
Think About This: “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” ~ Dr. Martin Luther King
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”