New York’s Tribune-owned CW station, WPIX, has tapped DAVID HYMAN to be VP of Creative Services, and he will definitely know his way around not only the job, but the town. He’s been consulting at PIX11, which is what they call themselves, and brings an enormous amount of experience with him. The Syracuse grad has been VP, Creative Director for NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams as well as VP Creative Services and Programming at WNBC. The commute isn’t bad at all – sounds like everybody involved is smiling. His first day as an official member of the team is Monday. Well Dunne! David.
Job Alert – Creative Writer Producer WKMG Orlando
WKMG-TV, the Post-Newsweek owned station in sunny Orlando, seeks a motivated, high- energy Creative Writer-Producer to join our award winning Creative Team. Candidate will be responsible for bringing the Local 6 brand to life through compelling writing, superior editing and strategic conceptualization. The qualified candidate must be able to conceive, write, shoot, edit, and succeed in a high-energy results-oriented media environment. Ideal candidate will be an innovative thinker and contributor of ideas with the ability to learn from those around them.
- Write, produce and edit compelling news image and topical promotions
- Social media marketing and content development
- Assist in all areas of station promotions, marketing, commercial production, special projects, community events and more
- Participate fully in daily news meetings
- Work well with news producers, photographers and reporters in the field
- Produce image, web videos, and other promotions as assigned
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, holidays on short notice
- Reports to Creative Services Director
- Two years + Television promotion experience
- Exceptional knowledge of Premier or Final cut experience and After Effects a plus
- Willingness to work flexible schedules
- Both a team player and a solo act rolled into one
- Ability to problem-solve, find positive solutions to challenges
- Must be well organized and highly motivated
- NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE E-mail or send resume and reel to: email@example.com WKMG –TV Attn: Kymberli Peoples -Creative Services Director 4466 JOHN YOUNG PARKWAY ORLANDO, FL 32804
Note: All of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described in this posting. Any offer of employment is conditional on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen, required reference checks, background checks and educational degree verification. We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, matriculation or political affiliation.
Think About This: “I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.” ~ Mother Teresa
Copyright 2014 © Kate Bacon / Well Dunne! Talent