Another TV creative is doing the right thing (thanks Spike Lee)… Family is the first priority for many, and for WAHEED ALQUWASMI, it’s everything. He’s going to take care of a family member, and so he’s resigned from his slot as CSD at Memphis’ FOX affil WHBQ. If you’re reading this on Feb 27, that’s his last day. He’ll be available for freelance in a bit, and I want you all to know how talented he is and put him on the top of your radar. Well Dunne! Waheed.
Those in the Phoenix area (not chasing llamas) should know that Saturday is America Loves Bacon Festival in Chandler. Valley of the Sun’s own KEVIN GASSMAN (and Well Dunne! Talent) was kind enough to point this out, and he might be going. You can spot him – he is a dead ringer for the actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Well Dunne!
Job Alert – VP Creative Marketing HBO NYC
Job Alert– Promotion Manager, WXIN, Indianapolis, IN:
WXIN, a Tribune Broadcasting station is looking Promotion Manager to assist the Creative Services Director in all aspects of promotion and marketing for the station. The Promotion Manager will supervise the on-air writer/producers and is responsible for promotion production technologies as well as writing, producing and editing of all on-air promotional materials.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
1. Assists Creative Services Director with the development of concepts and strategies for selected programming, including formulating a marketing strategy, creating themes, selecting media,assigning facilities and personnel, and coordinating all elements needed to produce effective advertising campaigns.
2. Works closely with news managers and reporters to effectively promote local news with topical and image promotion.
3. Supervises the on-air promotion writer/producers, their performance and provides feedback.
Manages and schedules the use of Creative Services facilities.
4. Supervises the Creative Services coordinator in strategic scheduling of promotional announcements as well as entry of on-air announcements into the traffic system.
5. Coordinates production of video design materials with the Art Department.
6. Selects programs from programming schedule, establish a marketing strategy in consultation
with the Creative Services Director, and assigns projects to writer/producers.
7. Represents the Creative Services Department in technology matters. Trains writer/producers
in the use of all technologies used including computer-based non-linear editing systems, presentation platforms and on-line applications.
8. Works with sales management and advertising clients to develop ideas for value-added projects such as promotional contests, sweepstakes or personal appearances by station staff.
Conceptualizes sales tie-ins, obtain client approvals and coordinates project through completion.
Undergraduate degree or equivalent related experience. Minimum of 3 years experience in local
television. Experience in news, entertainment, sports, sales promotion, and video production required.
Previous experience in management helpful but not required. Computer Skills including non-linear editing, traffic systems and word processing needed. A basic understanding of budgeting and spreadsheets to maximize labor and cost efficiency also useful.
To apply log onto: http://fox59.com/jobs-at-fox59/ or visit TribuneMedia.com and click on careers.
You can also email Bob St.Charles, Creative Services Director at firstname.lastname@example.org NO CALLS PLEASE.
Good bye February. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
Think About This: "We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee." ~ Marian Wright-Edelman
Copyright 2015 © Kate Bacon / Well Dunne! Talent