Try as one might, making a mint julep – a good one – is not easy. Frankly, the only place where they really know how is Louisville. No place like Derby Town for a real mint julep… or a slice of black bottom pie. Cousins in Louisville who own a restaurant have proved this to be true. That said, it will be up to SCOTT BRADY to find his own favorites when he gets to his new hometown and takes the Creative Services Director slot at WDRB. Being a Tennessee man (Univ of Tennessee Volunteer), Scott will no doubt love the slight southern lilt to the Louisville speech. He’s been in Minneapolis at the FOX duopoly, KMSP/WTFC as VP Creative Services, the same title he had while at Kansas City’s FOX station WDAF. He got his start in Nashville where he was a news editor then a promo producer at WTVF and then Promotion Director at WKRN. All the best in Louisville, Scott. Well Dunne!
Job Alert – Topical Creative Services Producer KJRH Tulsa
The Topical Producer, Creative Services is responsible for writing and producing on-air promotions, proof of performance, and station sponsorship spots.
- Conceptualize, write and edit on-air promotional spots for news, programming, web and special projects using multiple platforms
- Works closely with reporters and management staff on story development and promotional script ideas
- Organize promotion projects
- Interact with and respond to social media audiences
- Analyze rundowns to coordinate the best on-air, social and digital marketing materials
- Track monthly analytics on all current social/digital platforms. Provide ways to optimize platform growth
- Work closely with the team on story development and promotional script ideas
- Work closely with affiliates to support programming on air and online
- Perform other duties as needed by management
Education & Experience/Certifications
- High School diploma (or GED) required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 – 3 years’ experience of writing or editing in local broadcast preferred
- At least two (2) years professional broadcasting marketing/promotions/creative services experiences required.
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of social media maintenance
- Understanding of Nielsen rating sheets
- Superb attention to detail, time management skills, and strong communication skills
- Knowledge of post-production television editing techniques, with emphasis on Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Final Cut or other nonlinear editing system
- Experience working with camera, audio and light equipment
- Working knowledge of MAC systems
Attention Harpo and Oprah…you can not seriously expect people to sit through a :30 commercial for each and every time one wants to read or watch a quick vignette via your emails – but you do. Some of your content is not even ten seconds long, yet the spot is 3x that length. If one wants to comment on this…ready for it?…one needs to AGAIN SEE A COMMERCIAL. But the best part is after all that, you can’t comment. Not allowed. F in marketing.
Think About This: "That’s all I wanted; for someone to look at me and listen to me, but in some beautiful and artistic way." ~ Gene Wilder
Copyright 2016 © Kate Bacon / Well Dunne! Talent