Turning this over to KPRC Promotion Manager MARIAH GARDNER, who is one of the best writers in the biz…she writes about the CW in August, GA: A few days ago, we found out my friend and former co-worker, BRENT HLAVATY, passed away after a prolonged illness. This picture is how I remember him, a strong towering pillar of a man who smiled with his eyes and who really loved making people happy. Brent had a lot of big ideas. I rolled my eyes more times than I can count at this master showman, but he always came through with concepts that made his viewers and his clients happy. One of his favorite things to do was to make food for his co-workers, clients and friends…and man, was he good at it. He enjoyed trying out vegetarian recipes on me (or as he called it, “veggin”) and they were always home runs. I will really, really miss him. Please keep his wife, son and teenage daughter in your thoughts and prayers. After I moved to Houston, I communicated with Brent a few times through LinkedIn (he wasn’t a Facebook kind of guy). One of his last messages to me just happens to be a great bit of advice. After reminding me that he very wisely predicted I’d meet a great guy when I moved to Houston (he was very sure of it), Brent said, “Take care of yourself, and live life to its fullest.” And that is advice I’m happy to take in his honor. Goodbye for now, dear friend.
Job Alert – Creative Writer Producer WKMG Orlando
WKMG-TV News has an immediate opening in our Creative Services Department for a Writer/Producer. This creative genius will be responsible for writing, producing and editing original image, targeted special report promotion, proof of brand, sports, public service announcements, and marketing messages for other platforms. Producer should be skilled in creating and managing original production shoots, as well as, working with vendors and clients. The position requires a self-motivated producer that is a strategic thinker. An experienced producer able to work tight deadlines and meet them with minimal direction. You must write and edit content that pushes tune in and cuts through the clutter. You will produce marketing for all platforms including outside media. This is not an entry-level position.
- Write, direct videographer on shoots, produce, edit and direct compelling image, special report, proof of brand, contest and PSA promos for all platforms.
- Must be highly creative, innovative and have strong writing, video, original production and editing skills.
- Generate new ideas to help further the brand of WKMG News 6.
- Proficiency with non-linear editing equipment, specifically Adobe Premiere.
- Must have proficiency with After Effects, and solid knowledge/experience with Photoshop.
- Must have excellent knowledge and editing abilities with Adobe Premier and/or Avid.
- Must have attention to detail and accuracy with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, holidays on short notice and as news dictates.
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Able to handle multiple projects in an efficient manner.
- A strong team player with positive attitude.
- Reports to Creative Services Director REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of three years related experience.
- Exceptional knowledge of Premier or Final cut experience and After Effects a plus
- Ability to write and edit strong, clear and imaginative copy.
- Must have the experience and ability to direct and oversee shoots, including scheduling and talent directing.
- Must be highly creative, innovative and organized with attention to detail.
- Must have strong video, original production and editing skills.
- Must be able to work fluidly between traditional and new media with ability to switch directions quickly.
Must be able to provide a creative reel that exhibits the above qualifications: Applicants without a demo reel will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE E-mail or send resume and reel to: email@example.com
Think About This: “The only true magic in this world is Love. Everything else is just smoke” ~ Shaun Evans as Endeavour Morse