Let’s go to the gorgeous Pacific Northwest for today….and let’s talk about a patient, talented woman who is getting a shot at doing the creative marketing thing. Step up NANCY MacDONALD. She’s the News Brand Producer at Seattle’s KCPQ, where she’s been the Creative Services Coordinator for the last year. You do know that doing logs is a make or break marketing assignment that she no doubt nailed, since she worked in the Traffic Department at the Trib FOX station for eleven years. Yes, the ability to KNOW traffic is amazing and necessary. She’s been in TV before hitting Seattle…down in Roseburg, Oregon where she handled Creative Services Director / Producer / Director slots. So happy to hear of this promotion, but there’s a catch. Before she can unleash the creative side of her brain, we need to get her replacement. So read the job description below, pass it around, reach out to the brilliant SYD RUBIN with people so we can get Nancy a wonderful new daily rundown. The new person will get to work closely with CSD BRENT AYRES. Nancy, Well Dunne!
Job Alert – Creative Services Coordinator KCPQ / KZJO Seattle The Creative Services Coordinator keeps the department running smoothly by effectively managing promo log placement strategy, maintaining promo inventory and fulfilling network and syndicated programming promotional requirements. This person works with department and station management to identify promotional opportunities and evaluate current strategies for effectiveness. Additionally, this role will work with fellow producer/editors to develop and produce promotional announcements.
- • Accurately and strategically schedule promotional announcements for Q13 FOX, JOEtv & Portland’s CW.
- • Make day-of adjustments to logs based on topical news and or station changes.
- • Keep promotional inventory regularly maintained with appropriate lengths, versions, etc. to support station priorities and network obligations.
- • Regularly identify and communicate inventory needs to department leadership.
- • Edit and localize network and syndicated promotional material.
- • Proactively monitor quality control of all promotional assets in BRUTUS system.
- • Lead department point of contact for local and remote master control operations.
- • Represent department in all internal traffic related meetings & communication (DR, Sports, MC Hub, etc).
- • Assist and support writer/producer/editors with script writing, editing, producing, shooting as needed and time allows.
- • Qualifications College degree required.
Think About This: “Honesty is a very expensive gift, don’t expect it from cheap people.” ~ Warren Buffett
Yes, of course it’ still copyrighted by me.