Lovely LEAH MAYS is about to save a lot of time, a lot of gas and gas money, as well as wear and tear on her car. She’s returning to Raycom’s WLOX in Biloxi as the Brand Manager. She’s been commuting from her Oceanside home there to Hattiesburg for the last few years. The 75 miles drive takes about an hour. Hattiesburg is home to CBS affil WHLT where she helmed the marketing,and creative. Except for her first job in Bismark, ND (where she went to college), Ms. Leah has been in love with the Gulf Coast and has worked doing broadcast and station marketing for Meridian’s WGBC and Gulfport’s WXXV. Sticking closer to the ocean is going to be a real “ahhhh” feeling. A great big Well Dunne! Leah.
Job Alert – Creative Services Director WTVY Dothan AL
Job Alert – Preditor NBC Sports Philadelphia
Job Alert – Director of Marketing and Audience Development WSFA Montgomery
WSFA NEWS 12, the #1 brand in Montgomery, Alabama seeks a Director of Marketing and Audience Development to lead the station’s marketing department. This role provides expertise and support to News, Digital, Sales and all other local content efforts for multiplatform creative strategies, and commercial production services for WSFA.
- • This is the perfect role for someone who is currently a Director of Marketing, Marketing Director, Creative Services Director, Promotion Manager and/or Senior Producer looking for the next move in their career.
- • This individual is a hands-on leader, skilled in multi-platform marketing, outside media delivery, client creative services projects, and communications and community relations activities. Exceptional organizational and strategic thinking required to implement market research recommendations and achieve goals in audience development and revenue growth.
- • The Director of Marketing and Audience Development manages a creative team to produce award-worthy, audience-motivating promotion that will expand the station’s rapidly-growing broadcast and digital media presence. The Director of Marketing and Audience Development is also responsible for the station’s overall marketing strategy, including outside media planning and buying, budgets and employee training modules.
- • Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Film/Video or related field preferred. 2 years’ experience in a marketing leadership position preferred. Send creative reel demonstrating advanced knowledge of video production, especially Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects and DSLR cinematography. Qualified applicants only, apply online and attach resume, cover letter, and link to your most recent work. Drug screen and Motor Vehicle Record check required. EOE-M/F/D/V
- • https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com/jobs/8335/marketing-director/job
Spring is when nature wakes from a dormant state and reaffirms life in colorful, vibrant ways. It’s much like beginning a new job. That’s why Well Dunne! blog is so much fun to write. Getting to share and then share again the excitement and anticipation of newness…possibility. Happy Spring! Keep moving forward (Bacon motto).
Think About This: “Always have your hook baited. In the pool you least think, there will be a fish.” ~ Ovid
Copyright©2018 KDBacon/Well Dunne!