The very week she begins as an official promo producer, NAOMI PIECE has a hurricane to deal with. A Major hurricane to be precise. As they say in the south, bless her heart. The young marketing pro was studying journalism and landed an internship at WNCT, the Nexstar CBS/CW duop in Greenville, NC. Greenville is about an hour and a half from the ocean, but Florence might muscle through like a member of the Russian mob to rough up eastern NC. Back to Naomi…she was doing the news internship and on her last day, she sat with CSD MARC MORRISTON (a favorite!) and his crew. She fell in love with TV marketing, and when she went back to college (either UNC Pembroke or East Carolina – she went to both) she focused on marketing and promotion. How terrific. She’s new but is fitting in like a vet. Naomi, you’ll have a great story to tell. What a way to begin! Well Dunne! and best of luck to you Naomi!
Job Alert – Director of Creative Services & Local Content Integration WKRN Nashville
Job Alert – Promotions Producer WGNO/NOLA 38 New Orleans
New Orleans is called “The Big Easy.” Creating big time stuff is what we do. Whether it’s our newscasts set in a funky bar (yes that’s us), our integrated sponsorships centered around food or the nationally recognized God Bless Louisiana campaign, never has a station’s identity better matched the sights and sounds of a truly unique city. As a Promotions Producer, not only will you have the lofty task of elevating the station’s reputation for delivering nationally award winning image promos, but you must have the ability to produce compelling social and long format content to support our one of a kind News With A Twist news program. The ideal candidate must have experience in all aspects of current promo production processes, including shooting, lighting, motion graphics, videography, nonlinear editing and post-production. A boutique agency, post-production, broadcast television or cable background is ideal. Take a sneak peek into what we do. WGNO https://youtu.be/feuWgs0xc0s NOLA38 The CW https://youtu.be/4pPUVAvFbIo
Seeking:2+ years Creative Services experience in on-air cable or broadcast environment, boutique agency, or post-production house
- 2+ years’ experience in Adobe Creative Suite (especially After Fx)
- 2+ years’ experience in Adobe Premiere
- 2+ years’ experience in sales driven video writing, editing and production
- Consistent use DSLR technology and digital video cameras
- Proficiency with Mac OS and file base management
- Strong aptitude for new technology, WordPress and social media
- A sense of humor and authentic, conversational writing style
- Self-directed, self-motivated attitude, with ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Competitive spirit, strong team collaborator and an open mind even if you’re totally attached to your original idea.
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Seventeen years since the towers fell. Americans, in those 17 years, have forgotten how unified we were then. They’ve turned on the media. Turned on truth. Turned on ‘those people’ whomever that may be. Let this 9-11 anniversary be a time to reconsider the divisions and wonder if all the days of living since that perfect September morning in New York might have brought about a different result. As Gandi said…be the change you want to see.
Think About This: “Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.” – Abraham Lincoln