It’s always so warming to watch and hear about someone embarking on their career. It’s like watching flowers bloom, in a way. One such budding talent just took a job as a producer for CSD MARC MORRISTON at Nexstar’s WNCT, CBS in Greenville, NC. Welcome to BRYCE SAWYER. Her hire underscores that networking is gonna be your best friend. I’ll let Marc explain: “She is from North Carolina and interestingly applied for a News Producer position, the News Director brought me her resume saying it was probably more a fit for Marketing. Her resume was sitting on my desk when my now former Producer, who’s at KXAN, was talking with me and saw it. She said ‘I know her, we went to school together at ECU’ and gave her a big thumbs up. From there we brought her in for an interview and hired her. Talk about the resume being in the right place at the right time.” The ECU is East Carolina U and she has an MFA in Film Producing from North Carolina School of the Arts. Shall we all give Bryce a big Well Dunne!
Friday is shaping up to be a great TGIF…more than the average because they’re all good, right?! This Friday finds Well Dunne! Talent’s KELLY PIDGEON kicking on the day by being the interviewee on Pittsburgh’s Y108, talkinga bout his band, Boats Against the Current, who are set to perform Friday evening at Indiana, PA hotspot Off the Rocks. Anybody literate enough to get the name of the band? Kelly was, at one time, an English teacher at a prestigious prep school.. Now he’s voicing when he’s not music-ing.
And let’s not overlook that Friday is considered to be National Irish Coffee Day. Excellent. Indeed. Comport as you see fit.
Job Alert – Multimedia Promotion and Content Producer WABC NYC
We are looking for a hard-working, highly gifted producer who shoots, edits, and writes promo copy that pops off the page.
You’ll work alongside a team of producers in our Audience Development department, which functions as an in-house advertising agency, to produce engaging content for Programming, Sales/Marketing, Public Affairs, the abc7NY brands, and, above all, Eyewitness News, the #1 local news station in the nation.
You may also get the opportunity to spearhead original digital series that cater to your passions and interests. You have a creative vision for everything you do, you are brimming with ideas, and you bang out killer content in a New York minute!
- 1. Conceptualize, shoot, produce, write, and edit high-end promos
- 2. Create custom and original content for social/digital platforms, driving tune-in and engagement
- 3. Work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, highly creative environment on miscellaneous projects
- 1. A minimum of 3 years of work experience in Creative Services, Promotions, Audience Development, Advertising, Marketing, Digital Media, Production, or similar field
- 2. Superior knowledge of non-linear editing (e.g, Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Avid)
- 3. High level of skill with video cameras and lighting
- 4. Versatility to write all manner of memorable copy that is crisp, clear, and concise with a unique voice
- 5. Experience working in a deadline-driven news environment is a plus
- 6. A professional, positive attitude; an exacting attention to detail; an understanding of how to sell, market, and promote; and the confidence to take initiative without supervision.
To apply, please log on to www.disneycareers.com and search for requisition #628452BR. No telephone calls, please. WABC-TV, an owned station of ABC, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Think About This: “The best thing you can do is master the chaos in you. You are not thrown into the fire – YOU ARE THE FIRE.” ~ Mama Indigo