How cool is it to hear that in today’s new world of covering news, an experienced TV promotion person has been named news director. Eyes north to Buffalo, where Granite’s WKBW tapped JOHN DISCIULLO to steer the news for the ABC affiliate. Actually, he’s no stranger to news – John’s been sitting in since the former ND left. Well Dunne! John. What an exciting turn of events.
Best wishes to former WOAI CSD GREG DERKOWSKI, who’s on the mend from some back surgery. Also a Feel Better goes out to the great CHUCK BLORE, whose back has also been a pain.
SuperBowl coming up…as are the picks for best spot by the promo pros. Next week, find out what your colleagues think of the commercials.
OK, yesterday a blind ad for a topical person was posted here. Now, here are the full details.
- WTVD, the Disney owned station in Raleigh/Durham is looking for a talented promotion writer/producer to join our team.
- Live in one of the most beautiful parts of the county. We’re just a few hours away from the beach or the mountains. This is a great opportunity for the right person to be a part of the ABC family.
- All candidates should have at least 2 years of promotion experience, and non-linear editing skills. Familiarity with Adobe After Effects and Avid Adrenaline is a plus.
- Please send resume and demo reel to:
- Curtis Miles / Creative Services Director WTVD 411 Liberty Street Durham, NC 27701
What to do when you’re laid off? Here’s some advice from AD AGE.
Think About This: “If you think it’s expensive to hire a professional to do the job wait until you hire an amateur.”- Red Adair