Los Angeles has so many amazing opportunities for creatives (most of the time)…which led ANDREW BIDWELL to return to LaLa Land to be a Digital Strategist and Associate Producer for Jukin Media. Jukin is a cutting edge licensing firm that helps user-generated video make some money. They produce original content as well. Andrew has a most interesting background…he was smart enough wear a lot of hats in different areas of entertainment before settling on promo. For instance, he interned at KNBC, NBC in San Diego and E! Networks before taking his first longer term gig doing talent relations at Oprah in LA. He then became a production assistant at E! (see how the internship worked…they remembered him and he returned) and was a PA at TMZ. After tackling news topical down in SD, his hometown, he landed back in LA. So let’s hear a big Well Dunne! for Andrew.
Calling all Finance, Legal, HR, Marketing and Corporate Strategy professionals in Miami… NBCUniversal’s Talent Acquisition team in partnership with Prospanica, is hosting a networking event in Miami on Tuesday, November 7th. We are recruiting for current openings with both Telemundo and NBCU International. If interested, please provide your information by clicking this link: http://bit.ly/2xtpcV0 RSVP by Monday, October 30th to be considered as space is limited. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Think About This: “Life is simple. Everything happens for you, not to you. Everything happens at exactly the right moment, neither too soon nor too late. You don’t have to like it… it’s just easier if you do.” ~ Byron Katie
San Diego is just a few miles down I-5 from LA, so the same palm trees, ocean side living and California laid back lifestyle remains the same. So its all good for ANDREW BIDWELL, the new nightside Topical Producer at Scripps’ ABC affil KGTV. His first day is today, if you read this October 12. Up in LA Andrew was involved in lots of fun entertainment producing for E!, where he hit red carpets as well as edited, researched and handled social media. He spent time doing talent relations for Oprah and even did some things with TMZ. Andrew will be welcomed heartily by Promo Manager LEILA STILWELL who’s wrangling the creative now that STAN MELTON is back in DC. It’s all great. And with that we say Well Dunne! Andrew.
Job Alert – Digital Content Manager WLBT Jackson MS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- • Requires strong news judgment; news writing and editing experience, familiarity with AP style.
- • Experience with & knowledge of video & photo editing; knowledge of website & newsroom production applications; creative background with working knowledge of Photoshop.
- • Strong organizational skills and detail oriented; familiarity with HTML & CSS.
- • Portfolio required with emphasis on website design and multimedia presentation.
- • Knowledge of Flash a plus.
Daily responsibilities: hands-on web journalist and producer who writes, compiles, and edits copy, graphics, and video for web.
- • Oversee daily administrative, production, and content duties for station’s website; page layout, timely updates including breaking news, daily outbound emails, streaming video updates, and other applications.
- • Coordinate daily contributions from news staff; coordinate with sales and marketing departments on posting of content and advertising material as well as website maintenance.
- • Work with outside vendors and content providers.
- • Supervisory responsibilities: supervise a staff of content producers and work closely with reporters and photographers to get their stories published with unique digital elements.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University. Minimum two years experience required. CONTACT: Wilson Stribling News Director 715 South Jefferson Street Jackson, MS 39201 email@example.com
This is a first – taken from an actual job description of a station looking for a promo producer. The station call letters are blocked out . Assist in maintaining XXXX vehicles: Creative Services Producers will assist the Corporate Creative Services and Promotions Director in maintaining XXXX’s production vehicle. This includes making sure all vehicles are taken in for oil changes and any other appropriate upkeep that is necessary.
Think About This: "The only limits to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. Let us move forward with strong and active faith." ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt
Copyright 2015 © Kate Bacon / Well Dunne! Talent