For all you who struggle to find the perfect candidate for your open slots, there’s hope. Here the tale of one such match from Fox59 (WXIN) in Indianapolis, where CSD MICHAEL BROUDER found JEFF FIELD. Let’s let Michael speak for himself: “I am very happy to let you know that Jeff has joined the FOX59/Indiana’s 4 team in the newly created position of On-Air Promotion Coordinator. He comes to us from Tribune’s regional creative services department in Chicago where he worked in a similar capacity, but now with the added benefit of being close to his alma mater, Indiana University! Since arriving at the beginning of the month, he hasn’t missed a beat promoting two of the top CW and Fox affiliates in the country!” A big Well Dunne! to Jeff.
Well Dunne! Talent’s BERT THOMAS MORRIS is recording a music project for a friend’s band. Very cool. Of course, he’s also doing his voice work as well.
Cynopsis Kids Imagination Award is June 7 so make sure you register. CYNTHIA TURNER always does a fabulous job of throwing an event, and the keynote speaker is RICHARD WIESE, who hosts Born to Explore with Richard Wiese. Yeah, his manager must have helped him name the show.
Job Alert – Producer, Content at Fox59 in Indy.
FOX59 Indianapolis is looking for news junkies to help us share stories and better engage our local community through digital and social media. You should be motivated, tech-savvy and addicted to current events. You should feel pangs of withdrawal when you’re unplugged. You should appreciate a great headline that makes clicking irresistible. You should enjoy turning around a clever tweet before the rest of your friends, whenever a big story breaks.
We are looking for content specialists, not a traditional webmaster. Your passion for using technology to more effectively share news and information is what’s critical. We are looking for folks who will be evangelists and help the entire newsroom embrace digital and social media.
- Ensure news is consistently, accurately and quickly shared through digital and social media.
- Use the right tools to tell the story: whether it’s a brief update, article, photo, video, etc.
- Learn what appeals most to the community and promote FOX59 content accordingly.
- Foster dialog, debate and camaraderie among FOX59 fans and followers.
- Navigate newsroom systems to retrieve scripts, assignments and video clips.
- Lightly edit raw video so we can share news before it’s packaged for broadcast.
- Ensure that rights, embargos and similar restrictions are followed.
- Apply thoughtful, accurate labels, categories and descriptions to local news content.
- Use metrics to predict what content will be most popular and deliver it.
- Assist the sales department with production and promotion of client sponsorship
- Able to accurately handle multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work well independently and as a member of a larger team.
- Comfortable with web applications, non-linear video editing and standard office software.
- Flexible and able to handle additional hours when severe weather or breaking news occurs.
Above all, we are looking for exceptional collaborators and communicators with a proven ability to earn the respect and support of managers, peers, and consumers alike. Cover letters are welcome and encouraged Please send stating position desired and referral source to Human Resources, WXIN-TV, 6910 Network Place, Indianapolis, IN 46278. EOE.
Think About This: "Well, I must endure the presence of two or three caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies. It seems that they are very beautiful.” ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry