Tagged with " Carrie King"
Still in catch up mode…late but sincere wishes for a Well Dunne! Chicago experience to KEITH MORAN, who has been writing and producing ever so creatively at FOX in Chicago, WFLD. Keith had been CSD in Albany at WTEN/WXXA, the ABC/FOX duop. Before that he honed the creative at WRGB in Schenectady, was in St. Louis (RAH) editing at a production company, and he includes WTTV in Indy and WLNE in Providence among his stops. Well Dunne! Keith.
Speaking of Chicago, promo pro CARRIE KING, who counts Trib and WFLD as two places she kept the creative fresh and on time, has a fabulous ‘out of TV’ endeavour. She and her hubby have thrown in with one of the Pritzkers and their Evanston B&B is super fab. Elegant and exciting (words that can be used for Mrs. King as well). Check it out and for heavens sakes, stay here when you go to the Windy City!
Job Alert – VP Marketing truTV NYC
Job Alert – Writer Producer [adult swim] Burbank (or NYC) 144337BR
Job Alert – Executive Director, Marketing Branding & Communication NPR Washington DC
Job Alert – Commercial Producer KHBS/KHOG St Smith AR
Reports To: KHBS/KHOG Creative Services Director and The Arkansas CW Promotion Manager
Job Description: KHBS/KHOG-TV and The Arkansas CW, Hearst Television’s ABC and CW affiliates in Fayetteville-Fort Smith, Arkansas, are looking for a driven, creative Commercial Producer to conceptualize write, shoot, design and edit impactful advertising for local clients and businesses. This position is located in Rogers, Arkansas.
• Producing – from concept to completion – commercial campaigns by working directly with the sales team to develop impactful messaging and branding campaign for the clients’ needs.
• Adhere to a standard operating procedure for commercial production, including scheduling, weekly and monthly reports for projects.
• Assist the ABC and CW creative teams by conceptualizing, writing and producing marketing materials for sales promotion, public service announcements, station sponsored events and syndicated promotion.
• Will assist promotion teams in the writing/producing of news, weather and sports promotion when necessary.
• Prefer two years of experience as a multi-media Writer/Producer
• Prefer two years of experience shooting, lighting and non-linear editing.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite. Working knowledge of After Effects and Photoshop a plus.
• Work well under extreme deadlines and be a self-starter
• Must be able to shoot and edit their own projects
• Graphic design skills are preferred
• Strong writing skills
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• High School diploma
• Bachelor’s Degree or some college preferred
• Relevant work experience in lieu of college is acceptable
Think About This: "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes in to us at midnight very clean. It’s perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands, and hopes we’ve learned something from yesterday." ~ John Wayne, Actor
Copyright 2014 © Kate Bacon / Well Dunne! Talent
CARRIE KING knows Chicago. I don’t mean just how to navigate amongst the cities, towns and streets nor do I mean which restaurants have the best of whatever it is your pallet desires. No, I mean Carrie KNOWS Chicago and as much as she know Chicago, she knows how to market even more. Whew…sounds hyperbolic, but it’s just a fact. Carrie is heading up a new entity which will draw on her days as creative at WGN and FOX up in The Windy City. New entity is tagged Creative Forces. In her own words, “Creative Forces is a group of international award-winning visual storytellers who specialize in creating break-through brand strategies that deliver high-profile and extremely profitable market positions.” How cool is that! So, all you corporate, network and cable kids…you need to mentally bookmark Carrie’s endeavor and, ahem….use her! Well Dunne! Carrie.
Job Alert – SVP On-Air Promotion Nickelodeon NYC job 6814
Well Dunne! Talent’s MELANIE HAYNES just got back from a fascinating weekend in Austin. Yes, SXSW was doing it’s massive thing, but Melanie was involved in a SAG Foundation-sponsored workshop. Very cool. And you should give her a listen.
PROMAX alert – deadline is fast approaching to enter the 2014 PromaxBDA Promotion, Marketing and Design North America Awards..it’s March 13. Better get moving! Click here for deets.
Think About This: “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” ~ Paulo Coehlo
Copyright 2014 © Kate Bacon / Well Dunne! Talent
The Windy City is set to welcome a new creative in the form of GRANT HORNE, who is taking the Promotion Manager slot at FOX Chicago. Grant is a particularly super guy, and he was written up in a previous Well Dunne blog post. He’s been at WCVB, the Hearst ABC in Boston, working with another favorite, CSD RUSS NELLIGAN. Once in Chicago, Grant will report to the lovely and talented CARRIE KING and, as a bonus, get to work with Well Dunne! Talent’s NICK SANABRIA, who knows Chicago like the back of his hand. He’ll be a big help, Grant. Well Dunne!
Elsewhere in Chicago, ROGER EBERT is fighting a recurrence of his cancer. I hope you’ll join in sending him healing wishes for an end to his health issues. Always been a huge Ebert fan.
EVAN MINSKOFF is a hoot…he describes himself on his Twitter page as: “SVP, Marketing & Brand Strategy @OvationTV. Comedy-writing, sitcom-loving, carb-obsessed dog fanatic.” Who doesn’t love that?? He’s coming to Ovation from head of branding at Gilt Group. His background is most impressive…Disney, Digitas and The About Group. Well Dunne! Evan.
Think About This: "Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive." ~ The Dalai Lama
CHRIS FRIEDRICHS got an early Christmas present. Chris is the VP of Creative at Fox in Orlando and he’s found a super writer producer, which was what he wanted. Let him tell you about the new addition: Please join me in welcoming JAY CHALMERS to FOX 35’s Creative Services Department as writer/producer. Jay comes to us most recently from Jacksonville, FL where he worked as a promotion writer/producer at Gannett’s First Coast News duopoly (NBC/ABC). Jay is a Florida State University graduate and studied extensively at SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design). He began his television career in Gainesville, FL. Jay brings a wealth experience in broadcast marketing, news and numerous design disciplines. He will be a great asset to our department and to FOX 35. His first day will be Monday, December 8th. Well Dunne! Jay.
Job Alert – the one and only CARRIE KING sent this along from Fox Chicago, where she’s on the hunt for a Creative Services Manager.
The Creative Services Manager is responsible for helping to create and sustain powerful brand positions that increase ratings and revenue for a wide variety of on and off-air marketing initiatives at the Fox duopoly in Chicago.
- Managerial experience of creative teams within a broadcast television, cable, agency or post-production environment
- 5 + years non-linear editing experience, preferably on an Avid platform
- Demonstrable experience writing/producing/editing news and entertainment programming promotions under tight deadlines – while achieving optimum brand impact
- Ability to concept and execute brand strategies at the cutting edge, in such a way that our duopoly will hold and maintain the competitive lead in Chicago in terms of rating and revenue performance
- Conceptual development and production of powerful, market-leading image identity campaigns
- Production of compelling spots that take a unique approach and connect with viewers in very untraditional ways
- An intelligent risk-taker with demonstrable ability to motivate a staff of promo producers and graphic artists
- Increase viewer tune-in through the consistent production of top quality promotions
- Create promotional material for the Sales department
- Coordinate advertiser/station promotion tie-ins
- Liaison with Fox networks regarding station promotional activities
- Develop and coordinate viewer-related contests
- Strong hands-on leader and motivator with the ability to direct and inspire the creative staff
- Team player, able to instill the concept of teamwork within the department and work well with other departments
- 5 + years managing creative teams in a top 10 market
- Excellent communication, organizational and media management skills
- High levels of self-initiative with an innately proactive “get it done” attitude
- Strong writing skills. Good understanding of how to sell news stories and station programming to target demographics
- Ability to produce promos with a distinctive, trademark edge
- Knowledge of Adobe products software with solid motion design skills are a plus
Qualified candidates should submit their resume with link to demo reel and cover letter via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes without link to demo reel will not be considered.
Think About This: “Our eyes are for looking at things,
But they are also for crying
When we are very happy or very sad.
Our ears are for listening,
But so are our hearts.
Our noses are for smelling food,
But also the wind and the grass and
If we try very hard, butterflies.
Our hands are for feeling,
But also for hugging and touching so gently.
Our mouths and tongues are for tasting,
But also for saying words, like
"I love you," and
"Thank you, God, for all of these things." ~ Mattie J.T. Stepanek
Same great city…different office. CARRIE KING is a Chicago lady through and through and she’s switching offices in Chicago, decamping the Trib where she has been Regional Vice President Innovation & Imagination at Tribune Creative Group | Central U.S. Why is she leaving Trib, where she’s practically grown up handling such promo slots as CSD WGN America and Director of Creative Services for CLTV News? She’s the new VP of Creative Services at FOX WFLD and WPWR in the Windy City. She began today (but only if you are reading this on Monday July 9…otherwise, not so much). She’s got a real handle on Chicago, which is one of those unique markets that really does have their own way of thinking… and speaking. She’s studied at Lake Forest’s Barat College and at the amazing School of the Art Institute of Chicago. I know she lives on the northside, so let’s guess she’s a Cubs fan. She’s going to love working with Well Dunne!s NICK SANABRIA. Well Dunne! Carrie.
Job Alert – FOX Atlanta is looking or a talented writer producer…CSD JEFF ZELLMER would be a cool boss.
Job Alert – WNCT in Greenville, NC is hunting. Here’s the scoop: WNCT 9 On Your Side and The CW of Eastern North Carolina are looking for a new Writer/Producer to join the stations Marketing Department. You’ll be writing, editing and shooting promos for both stations. We’re looking for someone who is driven to succeed and wants to be part of our growth. You should have non-linear editing experience; we use Adobe Premiere and the whole Creative Suite, which means we’re looking for someone ideally with the ability to use After Effects. Plus, you’ll even have your own editing system to use. We’re looking for someone with a good sense of humor who plays well with others and isn’t afraid to jump in and help. We produce a lot of spots and quality is the most important thing, we also have a lot of fun doing it, so the more well versed you are on Saturday Night Live references the better. Feel free to put one on your cover letter, no this isn’t a test, it’s just being creative.
Apply online or send resume to Human Resources, WNCT-TV, 3221 South Evans St, Greenville, NC 27834, fax to 252-355-8568, or email to HR@WNCT.com EOE M/F/V/D Drug Screen and Background Check required.
Required Skills Non-Linear editing skills, Adobe Premiere Creative Suite with After Effects and Photoshop. Ability to shoot high quality video. An ability to create interesting scripts with tight deadlines. Being aggressive and a team player are highly desired. Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or equivalent work experience.
Required Experience This position requires a knowledge and understanding of television marketing and production techniques. The candidates should preferably have at least 2 years of producing background and previous background working in a TV station. At least 1 year of After Effects experience is desired as well.
Think About This: “There is no such thing as a weird human being, It’s just that some people require more understanding than others.” ~ Tom Robbins
Sacramento isn’t that far from San Francisco. A mere 76 miles. So when RYAN LEWIS took his new job doing art for DREW FOWLER at CBS’ KOVR/KMAX in Cali’s capital, his trip wasn’t a cross country affair. If traffic was good, it wasn’t even that long of a drive. Ryan, who is already at the station and doing his artistic thing, had been with SF’s Premier Retail Networks, where he was involved in motion graphics. Ryan’s also been with Attik, the hot, hot, hot creative agency in the city by the bay. Well Dunne! Ryan and thanks for the info Drew. Shout out to KOVR’s promo manager, DON SMITH.
Speaking of Sacramento…My former assistant, MARGARET MOHR, who had been VP of Marketing and Promotion at Gannett’s KXTV has not left marketing behind, but has taken it in a new direction. She’s repotted herself, leaving the ABC affiliate and is now putting together the marketing team for a Sacramento-area publishing company. It’s closer to home and, besides, she’s been doing the CSD thing for the last 10 years. Margaret is a gem and TV will miss her, but going in different directions and saving time on a commute are not to be ignored. Well Dunne!
Tribune is shaking up the status quo. Part of the new way to do things is to appoint two regional VPs who’ll oversee Creative Services. JOHN ZEIGLER is now a member of the VP club, with his marching orders to oversee the Eastern Region of Trib’s TV stations. His former title was CSD at WPIX in The Big Apple. The Central Region will be overseen by new VP CARRIE KING, who was CSD at WGN in Chicago. Just love her new title: Regional Vice President Innovation & Imagination at Tribune Creative Group. Why Yes, they have an opening for a VP for the western region, so if you’re interested….Well Dunne! to John and Carrie!
Nobody likes what is so euphemistically referred to as “difficult conversations” at work. Nobody. But they aren’t going away and a good leader owes it to everybody to make these effective. Make these conversations easier by reading the tips in this article.
Think About This: "Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future." ~ Deepak Chopra