Tagged with " Erin Martin"
There’s nothing like Palm Beach in The Season, which it just so happens to be. While most of the country freezes and shivers, the gorgeous sunshine warms the lucky ones sitting on patios all over south Florida. Returning in time to have an umbrella’ed cold drink instead of hot chocolate is ERIN MARTIN, a Florida girl through and through. Ms. Erin is the new CSD at Sinclair’s WPEC, the CBS affil. Let’s raise our glasses (or mugs – whatever) and say Well Dunne! Erin.
Job Alert – Social Media Manager WRAL Raleigh, NC – Job 14007
Your social innovation and brand genius will fit right in to the industry leading culture of WRAL. We’re looking for a Social Media Manager to explode our established social media presence, build loyal relationships with viewers in the social space, create marketing and revenue opportunities, define and analyze our strategy, and maximize the return on our efforts. The right person is an ambitious, passionate, change leader.
- Minimum 3 years experience in social media marketing
- Deep understanding of all social media platforms with demonstrated usage of distinct best practices
- Experience with popular monitoring, reporting, measurement, and analytic tools
- Ability to break data down into action items and best practices
- Demonstrated understanding of Facebook’s algorithm
- Mastery of planning, executing and measuring social media campaigns
- Adept at writing engaging content for social channels in brand voice
- Communication/presentation skills of a trainer
These attributes move your resume up the pile:
- PR or agency experience managing social media for clients
- Cable or TV experience
- Experienced newsroom manager
- Impressive social media following
- Proven social success with a product or story
- Samples of successful crisis management
- Avid reader of digital and new media blogs
- Demonstrated early adopter of new technology
- Innovation ninja
A pre-employment drug screening is required. All candidates must apply online at http://www.capitolbroadcasting.com/careers/. EOE M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Job Alert – CSD WKRC Cincinnati
Job Alert – Executive Producer Creative Services WGCL Atlanta
Think About This: “Heaven is where you’ll be when you are okay right where you are.” ~ Sun Ra
Today is the first day ERIN MARTIN is spending as Promotion Manager at Scripps’ WXYZ in Detroit. Ms. Erin is a Southfield, MI native (google map it) and her hire has made her new boss, CSD DAVE BAUMANN, a very happy man. The impressive Ms. Martin is coming from CBS affil WKMG in Orlando where she had the PM title. Erin has graced the promo efforts of WFTV in Orlando and started her broadcast adventure in the news departments of WOFL in O’Town and WWMT in one of my favorite places, Kalamazoo. Very Well Dunne! Erin.
Sending healing and laughter (which is the best medicine) to Well Dunne!’s NICK SANABRIA, who is recovering from getting some knee work done. His voice is 1000% so that’s a good thing. You all do know he’s the creative behind the hilarious, but NSFW, Horserace, right?
Job Alert – Preditor for Promos Comcast SportsNet Houston
Job Alert – Are you a gifted artist who wants to be part of a city unlike anything else in the country? The Tribune Broadcasting TV station in New Orleans is looking for a night side Graphic Designer (1:30-10:30P) with cutting edge skills in graphic design. The Graphic Designer is responsible for developing, designing and producing high quality news graphics for WGNO-TV’s newscasts (News With A Twist, News At 10PM) as well as providing graphic support to Sales and Promotions departments.
- To not take life so seriously. It’s a Nawlins thing!
- To produce high quality graphics that successfully communicate the message desired by the News and/or Creative Services Departments.
- To develop concepts, ideas and execute final artwork and animation for news, promotion and programming.
- To have user/playback knowledge of all crucial systems used in the graphics area including Macs, and programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and Cinema 4D and knowledge of tickers.
- To maintain quality control checks, including but not limited to, spelling, organization of information, clear and easy to understand presentation of the graphics.
- Must communicate well, and develop a good working relationship with afternoon and night side news producers and reporters in order to assess their needs and deliver what is expected.
- Help develop the design and coordination of pre-production and/or animation; make suggestions, provide sources and digital files, consult with director (if needed) before production, and ensure that the finished work is delivered to the final destination.
- To communicate with the creative team, and all station employees in a professional and positive manner.
- To exhibit a positive attitude towards work and company policies, and at all times, encourages a positive and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to find and consume the best food on this planet.
- Minimum 2 years Creative Services experience in a design environment, boutique, post-production house.
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, After Effects, and Illustrator. VizRT and Final Cut Pro experience preferred but not required.
- Proficiency with Mac OS and Windows.
- All aspects of promo production, including motion graphics, animation and non-linear editing.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter and a link to your portfolio to Jeff Funk, firstname.lastname@example.org, #1 Galleria Blvd., Ste. 850, Metairie, LA 70001, fax (504)569-0952. EOE.
Think About This: “When you have spiritual security, you have no more feeling of need for material security. I don’t know anybody who feels more secure than I do—and, of course, people think l am the poorest of the poor. I know better, I am the richest of the rich. I have health, happiness, inner peace—things you couldn’t buy if you were a billionaire." ~ Peace Pilgrim
Let’s play catch up and talk about Orlando. Yes, we did talk about O-town last week, but things happen where they happen. Let’s hear it for effervescent ERIN MARTIN, who has been Promotion Manager at Post Newsweek’s WKMG since June. Erin always gets A+ marks and those come from the folks she works with – testament to what a great creative she is. She wowed them when she was Promotion Manager for the Cox folks down in Orlando, where she worked her way up from writer/producer to Sr. writer/producer to PM. Her sense of news promotion comes from actually doing news….she was a News Producer for WOFL in Orlando and WWMT in Kalamazoo. Love to see that she’s happy and in the sunshine. Well Dunne! Erin.
Job Alert – WCMH in Columbus, Ohio is looking for a Sr. Writer Producer
Job Alert – MARC MORRISTON is looking for a writer producer for his shop in Greenville, NC, WNCT.
Think About This: "Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.” ~ Vince Lombardi
It’s a promotion and it’s a VERY long distance and it’s exciting and….it’s ERIN MARTIN’S news. She’s trading her title of Promotion Manager at WFTV and WRDQ in Orlando for a promotion to Seattle’s KIRO, where she’ll be Promotion Manager at this CBS affil. It’s all a Cox family move…all stations are owned by them. Ms. Martin is going 2,550 miles across America after 7 years in O-town. The Detroit native is going to fly, along with her dog and cat, for an Oct 25 start date. She’ll be working under CSD MATT LAWS and is thrilled to be joining a great team. She’ll be greatly missed by her Orlando CSD BOB ST CHARLES, but he’s thrilled for her. Besides the extra work in November, Erin is looking forward to exploring the Great Northwest and the gorgeous city, including the local wineries. Note to Seattle – play up the winery angle in addition to the ownership you have on the coffee situation. Congratulations and Well Dunne! Erin.
Yes, that means there’s an exciting opening in Orlando!
Welcome to Well Dunne! Talent goes out to BILL HARWELL, who calls Austin home. Bill has that friendly ‘guy next door” sound, and he delivers projects so fast, you won’t believe that in real life, he’s a laid back pro. Give Bill a listen and remember him when you need that perfect voice for a project.
Are you keeping up with the fabulous streaming video that NATPE is doing? I was blown away when I “attended” a panel discussion called Stop Whining and Sell Your Show. I was one of 31,000, btw. Now I’m totally hooked on NATPE’s offerings. Next up is a Sept 24 session called Building the World — Multiplatform and Transmedia Storytelling. Check out details here.
You know how cool those LA food trucks are. Well, the latest, greatest is…wait for it…The Bacon Truck! Follow it on Twitter
Think About This: “If love is an action, how do you express self-love? Self-love starts with having the courage to be who you are, regardless of what others might think. It is about having the courage to live your dreams, to do what makes you happy in life, so that one day you won’t wake up saying, "I wish I had." Self-love is about self-care, making your health a priority. Self-love is revealed in your willingness to stay focused on the things you say are important. It’s about having the courage to set boundaries and protect them.” ~ Francine Ward
Hiring two creative people in one month…that’s amazing in today’s media market, but it’s exactly what happened at Cox’s ABC afil WFTV in Orlando. The Creative Services Dept grew when they grabbed ERIKA RICHARDSON out of the newsroom to do the night side topical producing. Excellent. And they added CHRIS CRABTREE to be Promotion Producer. He makes the switch from Orlando’s FOX affiliate. Both were on board for Sweeps. Thanks to Promotion Manager ERIN MARTIN for the update. Well Dunne! Everybody.
In Times Square and need wifi? Thank Yahoo for it. Hey, what ever happened to the idea of having entire cities offering wifi? Loved that concept.
Well Dunne! Talent’s MITCH PHILLIPS has a new website and it’s smokin’. VERY nice. You should check it out. Yeah, that’s Mitch who keeps saying ‘Poppa’s in the house” on those Poppa John’s Pizza spots that seem to run all the time.
Think About this: "It’s been proven that the only effective way to deal with fear is to walk through it, through the pain that accompanies doing something you’re afraid to do. It takes courage to fulfill your commitments, courage to stay on track, courage to follow your dreams, courage to reach your goals, and courage to walk through your fear. Remember, reaching goals is not so much about doing big things when the feeling hits you; it’s more about doing little things every day that move you toward your dream. It’s about staying steady and on course." ~ Francine Ward