Summertime Friday. Besides knocking off at noon (which you should all be doing…) it’s time to Spend Five Minutes With…and today we have the pleasure of STEPHEN ARNOLD of Stephen Arnold Music. Besides having the best hair in the business, Stephen’s talents are probably playing on the air for you right this minute. He’s been making the music for TV for a long time, and it just keeps getting better. Now, here’s Mr. Arnold himself:
Favorite way to jumpstart a creative steak? Wait for the deadline. People sometimes ask – what comes first- the words or the music? I tell them the deadline – always the deadline.
Best quick office-type energy boost? NingXia Red from Young Living
Best new tech innovation? Deactivating Facebook – it can be life-altering
My cell phone is (what is means to you or how you use it…) – Always on silent. And all alerts are turned off.
Favorite commercial or promo on the air right now– KDAF-TV CW33 – “Express Yourself” School Of Rock Junior High and High Kids version – (on air next week I believe)
Favorite commercial or promo of all time – Cindy Crawford Pepsi commercial in mid-90s.
Personality trait you most admire. – Initiative…and humility.
Personality trait you wish you had, but don’t – Being organized!
My first big break was __________ Creating my 1st news music package for KXAS in Dallas in 1985
Advice to marketing types who want to cross over to writing and producing content for TV and the net– Hey – Hey – go to dental school, become a dentist!
You have 10 minutes to kill online. What sites do you visit? Rolling Stone or http://www.vintageguitar.com
Job Alert – Multimedia Producer WPEC West Palm Beach
WPTV NewsChannel 5, the #1 station in the West Palm Beach Market, is looking for its next great Multimedia Producer.
Do you live, eat and breathe social? Are you bursting at the seams with a passion for Marketing? Can you spot an on-air promotable news story a mile away? If not, stophere. If so, read on.
If you have a can-do mentality, apply. If you accept the honorary role of being a ‘Multi-tasking Pro’, apply. If you have a zest for life and truly support the phrase, "go big or go home," apply. If you’re a team player, apply.
Are you willing to fight for your right to promote brand-focused stories? In this role, you have to. You are the voice for the audience and brand, you have to stick up for it. You’ll be the person pushing for compelling story information hours, sometimes minutes, before a reporter’s deadline! These conversations can get sticky.
- This is a Multimedia Producer position for on-air, social and digital. It is a night side position
- Interact with and respond to social media audiences. Analyze rundowns to coordinate the best on-air, social and digital marketing materials
- Track monthly analytics on all current social/digital platforms. Provide ways to optimize platform growth
- Work closely with the team on story development and promotional script ideas
- Work closely with NBC and FOX affiliates to support programming on air and online
- Perform other duties as needed by management. Some driving required
- Must be able to work flexible hours including some weekends. Schedule will shift pending the Station’s needs
- Skills and Abilities:One-3 years’ experience of writing or editing in local broadcast preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of social media and a love for all things digital
- Wakes up and checks Nielsen ratings from the night before
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Final Cut X
- Superb attention to detail, time management skills, and strong communication abilities
- Strong understanding of analytics for digital audiences, engagement and revenue
- Ability to write and edit video for on-air and digital platforms
- Experience working with camera, audio and lighting equipment. Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with news, sales and marketing leaders
- Strong sense of initiative and focus on continuous learning
- Perks of WPTV: Your own edit bay, with your name on the door
- Time in the morning to go to the beach
- Work with a fun team
Job Alert – WMAR Assistant CSD Baltimore
Job Alert – Marketing Producer KSWO Lawton KSWO TV, a Raycom station, is seeking a full-time Marketing Producer. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with hands on knowledge and experience in the production field. Non-linear editing experience is a must, (Adobe Cloud application) experience shooting in studio and in the field, strong writing skills and knowledge of proper lighting techniques. This person will be expected to be a team player and take part in all aspects of promotion and marketing, work closely with sales and clients to conceptualize, write, shoot and edit commercials. This position reports directly to the Marketing Director. Must have a clean driving record and pass a drug screen test. A college degree or equivalent is preferred. Qualified applicants, please apply online (Raycom Media Career Site) and attach your resume and link to your most recent work. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V
Think About This: "You live too much in your physical consciousness and your material world. You have to learn to balance these two lives, the life of the spirit and the life of the body. Now, if you will imagine in your heart this shining Star, this blazing jewel, we think it will help you to attain and maintain that balance between your inner and your outer life." ~ White Eagle
Copyright 2016 © Kate Bacon / Well Dunne! Talent