It’s a Two-fer Friday. Two new CSD announcements, all focusing at one place. Like the chess game that TV marketing sometimes becomes, which isn’t really a bad thing for change to fall into place like dominoes . Fresh ideas, fresh energy always energizes any slot at any company; all the more for creatives. So let’s start out with the newest member of the CSD brigade, NATE TODD. Nate’s the new creative leader at Hearst’s WTVM in Birmingham, Alabama. Nate’s promotion is well deserved; he’s been the Assistant CSD at the NBC affil, so he’s all ready to roll. A grad of University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Nate’s first TV job was as a Topical Producer for WCCB FOX in Charlotte. He then headed a bit north to Winston-Salem’s WXII where he was ASD before heading to Birmingham. A big Well Dunne! to Nate.
Meanwhile, his former boss JASON HOLLOWAY is headed to Hearst in Kansas City, KMBC, where he’ll wrangle the CSD department. Jason began his broadcast career in Abilene, Texas and then headed to KTUL in Tulsa doing Special Projects. He took on the promo world at KMOV in St. Louis (horray hometown and Cardinals!) as Promotion Manager, Special Projects Producer and Photog. The man can do it all! He then went on to Boston’s WCVB as Assistant CSD under RUSS NELLIGAN before getting his first CSD slot in B’ham. Big Well Dunne Jason!
Job Alert – Sr. Writer/Producer/Editor Syfy/USANet NYC
Job Alert – Marketing Director KHOU Houston
Job Alert – Marketing Director KING Seattle
Job Alert – Marketing Director KPNX Phoenix
Job Alert – Brand Manager WCNC Charlotte
Think About This: “When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.” ~ Fred Rogers
Copyright © 1917 KDBacon/WellDunneTalent
Leaving the Gateway to the West behind and heading to Beantown is JASON HOLLOWAY, who is the new Promotion Manager for Hearst’s ABC affiliate, WCVB. Lucky Jason will work with CSD RUSS NELLIGAN. Jason has been officing under the Arch in downtown St. Louis where KMOV has their studios and where he had the Promo Manager title. He’s a Texas boy who worked in Tulsa. He started Monday, so I bet he had a great first week on the job. Well Dunne! Jason.
Job Alert – Promotion Manager KMOV St Louis
Job Alert – Promo Producer KRXI Reno
Job Alert – WKMG-TV, the CBS Affiliate in Orlando, FL, has an immediate opening for a Promotion Manager that has a passion for marketing and the drive to win! Could you be a match? We’re looking for someone whose skills include:
- Outstanding writing skills A MUST
- Supervise and review writing and production of news topicals
- Handle multiple tasks and thrives under pressure
- Create and write memorable image campaigns
- Writer promo/sweeps copy for artists/producers
- Write ads and create marketing plans/campaigns for social media and digital platforms
- Work with Creative Services Director to coordinate all “outside media” efforts for the station including radio, print, billboards, co-op and cable.
- Supervise producers on writing, graphics and promotional spot flow.
- Interpret research to create strategic marketing plans on all platforms.
- Strategically place and manage promotional inventory for logs.
- Write press releases, talent bios.
- Handle all contests and rules.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Have fun!
If you’ve been a promotion manager or a promotions producer for 4+ years and this sounds like the job for you email your resume and reel to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. EOE. Pre-employment drug screen, background checks and educational verification required.
WKMG-TV Attn: Kym Peoples, Creative Services Director 4466 N. John Young Parkway Orlando, FL 32804
Think About This: “There is only one thing one has to have: either a soul that is cheerful by nature or a soul made cheerful by work, love, art and knowledge.” ~ Friedrich Nietzsche