Hearst hit the jackpot when they hired JAY CHALMERS as the Assistant Creative Services Director for their ABC affil in Palm Beach, WPBF. CSD HEATH MYRICK has hired a real go-getter creative … hip hip hurray! Clay is a Gainesville Florida native who went to Florida State, which means he was playing both sides of the football field, Florida collegiate style. Gators and Seminoles…very dicey subject. After FSU, he then went to the esteemed Savannah College of Art and Design earning a Masters in Film and Television Production. He’s worked as a producer, first doing commercials in Gainesville at WCJB then up to Jacksonville doing promo for First Coast News (WTLV/WJXX) then to Orlando’s FOX WOFL for CSD CHRIS FRIEDRICHS (hi Chris!)…all the while thinking that experiencing different seasons might be fun, as opposed to nonstop sunshine and palm trees. Nah… Jay’s hitting the Palm Beaches just in time for ‘The Season’, dahling. Amazing people-watching along Worth Avenue. So glad to hear about such a happy move, which means he’s still close to family and his wife is happy. Can’t beat that. Well Dunne! Jay.
Job Alert – VP Creative Services WTVJ Miami
Job Alert – Commercial Producer WGFL/WNBW Gainesville
Job Alert – Manager Marketing AMC Networks NYC
Job Alertt – Sr. Director of Creative Services WETA DC
For those of you who asked, send your promo stories to SYD RUBIN at firstname.lastname@example.org Wondering if anybody has a tale that might rival the WKRP Turkey episode.
Repeating for GRP: Time to rethink your voices for your stations…lots of contracts expire end of December. The only choice is Well Dunne! Don’t think otherwise.
Think About This: “Action is the only remedy to indifference: the most insidious danger of all.” ― Elie Wiesel
Copyright 2016 © Kate Bacon / Well Dunne! Talent
CHRIS FRIEDRICHS got an early Christmas present. Chris is the VP of Creative at Fox in Orlando and he’s found a super writer producer, which was what he wanted. Let him tell you about the new addition: Please join me in welcoming JAY CHALMERS to FOX 35’s Creative Services Department as writer/producer. Jay comes to us most recently from Jacksonville, FL where he worked as a promotion writer/producer at Gannett’s First Coast News duopoly (NBC/ABC). Jay is a Florida State University graduate and studied extensively at SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design). He began his television career in Gainesville, FL. Jay brings a wealth experience in broadcast marketing, news and numerous design disciplines. He will be a great asset to our department and to FOX 35. His first day will be Monday, December 8th. Well Dunne! Jay.
Job Alert – the one and only CARRIE KING sent this along from Fox Chicago, where she’s on the hunt for a Creative Services Manager.
The Creative Services Manager is responsible for helping to create and sustain powerful brand positions that increase ratings and revenue for a wide variety of on and off-air marketing initiatives at the Fox duopoly in Chicago.
- Managerial experience of creative teams within a broadcast television, cable, agency or post-production environment
- 5 + years non-linear editing experience, preferably on an Avid platform
- Demonstrable experience writing/producing/editing news and entertainment programming promotions under tight deadlines – while achieving optimum brand impact
- Ability to concept and execute brand strategies at the cutting edge, in such a way that our duopoly will hold and maintain the competitive lead in Chicago in terms of rating and revenue performance
- Conceptual development and production of powerful, market-leading image identity campaigns
- Production of compelling spots that take a unique approach and connect with viewers in very untraditional ways
- An intelligent risk-taker with demonstrable ability to motivate a staff of promo producers and graphic artists
- Increase viewer tune-in through the consistent production of top quality promotions
- Create promotional material for the Sales department
- Coordinate advertiser/station promotion tie-ins
- Liaison with Fox networks regarding station promotional activities
- Develop and coordinate viewer-related contests
- Strong hands-on leader and motivator with the ability to direct and inspire the creative staff
- Team player, able to instill the concept of teamwork within the department and work well with other departments
- 5 + years managing creative teams in a top 10 market
- Excellent communication, organizational and media management skills
- High levels of self-initiative with an innately proactive “get it done” attitude
- Strong writing skills. Good understanding of how to sell news stories and station programming to target demographics
- Ability to produce promos with a distinctive, trademark edge
- Knowledge of Adobe products software with solid motion design skills are a plus
Qualified candidates should submit their resume with link to demo reel and cover letter via e-mail to: email@example.com
Resumes without link to demo reel will not be considered.
Think About This: “Our eyes are for looking at things,
But they are also for crying
When we are very happy or very sad.
Our ears are for listening,
But so are our hearts.
Our noses are for smelling food,
But also the wind and the grass and
If we try very hard, butterflies.
Our hands are for feeling,
But also for hugging and touching so gently.
Our mouths and tongues are for tasting,
But also for saying words, like
"I love you," and
"Thank you, God, for all of these things." ~ Mattie J.T. Stepanek