Watz goin’ on? Been waiting to use that line and today it’s happening. The Watz in question is LARRY WATZMAN, the highly creative promo pro who is moving to the desert. Yes, he’s going to enjoy the no humidity warmth that makes you feel so good…never sticky…that Las Vegas offers. He’s headed to Scripps to head up the marketing efforts of KNTV, ABC in Sin City. He’s leaving behind the head job at WBNS in Columbus, Ohio, where his lovely #2 JENNY DOLPH has been tapped as Interim CSD. Actually, Larry’s title at WBNS was Director of Marketing, Design and Creative Services. I didn’t ask the official title at the new place. He’s worked with my favorite editor when he was VP of Creative Services in Philly at Comcast. Other titles along the way include VP of Marketing and Brand Development at NBC’s KXAS in DFW, and Marketing Director for Tegna’s Buffalo and Atlanta operations. He’s gonna love Vegas and gonna heat up the marketing even more than the summer temps. Well Dunne! Larry.
Job Alert – Promotions Manager KMID Odessa TX
Job Alert – Creative Services Producer/Artist WKMG Orlando (work with a GREAT TEAM)
In one of the most dynamic television markets, you’ll have the opportunity to design and create visually engaging graphics and promotions to appear in newscasts, on-air promotions, commercials, print, billboards, the list goes on! Do you know 3D, After Effects, can edit and are uber-creative? Then this could be the job for you!
Qualified candidate must be a strong designer, creative thinker and editor with eye for layout. The position requires a person who can conceptualize and edit promos, create, design, animate graphics and create print and animated ads for all platforms.
Mastery of non linear editing, preferably, Premiere and the Adobe Creative Cloud (including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects). Strong proficiency in Cinema 4D a must.
- • Responsibilities Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as assigned.
- • Expertise on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- • Ability to communicate effectively.
- • Ability to meet tight deadlines under pressure and manage multiple projects.
- • Key qualities are the ability to create, edit, apply creative direction, animate, work well with other people and contribute to a team effort.
- • Must possess valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to the Company.
- • At least 2 years of experience that includes non-linear editing and videography at a local television station or equivalent experience.
- • Experience creating motion, web and print graphics.
- • Conceptualize, write, produce and edit news/station image, entertainment and community service project promos as assigned for platforms including radio and digital/social media.
- • Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
- • Writing for television a plus.
To Apply Reel of work is required. Qualified applicants submit cover/resume to: email@example.com or clickorlando.com No Phone Calls Please Any offer of employment is conditional on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen, investigative background check, employment/education verifications and reference checks.
Think About This: “You are all the places you have been, the sights you have seen, the marvels you have achieved and every soul you have touched. Each passing moment is another brushstroke on the canvas. So rise, live always with passion and heart, and someday you will look back on your life and see a work of art.” ~ Beau Taplin, The Masterpiece