Just love writing about the very talented and energetic ROBYN KEENEY, who is now doing her best to keep dry in Sacramento, where she’s taken the job of Creative Services Director at KOVR. Yes, the Big California Deluge is happening and Ms. Robyn is helming the team at the CBS owned and operated station in California’s capital. She moved west from the Sinclair operation in San Antonio where she was Promotion Manager, the title she held at WGCL in Atlanta as well. In Atlanta, she was a promo producer for WSB which marked the switch from being in day-to-day news, where she produced for WJW in Cleveland and WKBN in Youngstown. She’s smart, creative, and was a stand-out at Topical Boot Camp. She’s already found a place to ride horses, which is her favorite way to spend time when she’s not making stations look great. A big Well Dunne! Robyn!
MARY BETH McADARAGH just got promoted to EVP of Marketing for CBS TV Distribution. Whot whot! Sunny but soggy LA is a change of place from her University of North Dakota days. Show of hands on who remembers her from her MyNetwork TV affil relations SVP, or NBC U TV Distribution marketing VP. Yep, that’s a lot of hands. Well Dunne! Mary Beth!
Job Alert – Topical Producer TMZ LA
Job Alert – Marketing Producer WBTV Charlotte
Think About This: “Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.” ~ Scott Adams
Copyright © 2017 Well Dunne! Talent/KD Bacon
As a most lovely June winds down and we’re all poised to kick off the July 4th festivities and holiday, had to interrupt some time away with news of one of the best. You can take the boy out of Texas but there’s always a hankering – yes, hankering – to get back to the Lone Star State, politics aside. You don’t have to be born in Texas to be a Texan (but you do have to have a Texas locale on your birth certificate if you want a Native Texan car plate, which you can actually purchase), but you have to have been a resident and loved it and want to return. That’s what Lake Charles, LA native DON SMITH is doing…he’s setting free his Inner Texan and returning to San Antonio and the Tegna CBS affil there, KENS. He’ll be top wrangler for the creative, the official title being Marketing Director. He’s no stranger to SA, having worked at KENS once before when it was a Belo station. Don and his lovely family (his little boy is the cutest thing you can imagine!) will love living there. Confession – my son was born there and it’s a great place for little ones. Mr. Smith is departing his current role as Director of Creative Services at CBS’ KOVR/KMAX in California’s capital, Sacramento. Along the way, Don’s done promo for KHOU in Houston and his first job was at KBMT in Beaumont. Let’s not forget a stop in Salt Lake City and Stun Creative in NYC. So very excited to hear about a very happy creative talent and a city most loved. Get a big place..need a bedroom for next year’s Fiesta! Well Dunne! Don.
Job Alert – Executive Producer 12 Creative (WKRC) Cincinnati (work with SHEILA OBERMEYER!)
Make your mark in Broadcasting. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the nation, programming 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets after pending transactions. Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believes in a vision and is dedicated to making Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. a communications powerhouse. We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Local 12/WKRC-TV in Cincinnati, OH is currently seeking an Executive Producer/Creative Services.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Shooting, producing and potentially editing station news and entertainment promotion including, in addition to, long form programming and commercials.
- Special focus on being a team player, who is attentive to deadlines, thrives in a fast paced work environment and is inspired to bring creative visions to life.
- Handling multiple projects from concept to completion, both daily & on an ongoing basis for each of the three television stations as needed.
- Responsible for creating, writing & producing on-air promos for the station that fit within & echo the Local 12 News brand as required.
This position reports directly to the Creative Services Director.
- Familiar with ENG style video cameras (JVC 850, Sony FS7, Canon C300 and Canon 5D Mark II)
- Still photography experience
- Superior Lighting skills, both in-studio and on location
- Field audio experience
- Ability to lift 40-50lbs on a regular basis
- Ability to communicate/work in a team environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Valid Driver license
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of two to five years of videography and or producer experience.
- Non-Linear editing experience a plus (Premier Pro; Avid).
- A college degree is preferred.
- Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Job Alert – Promotions Producer WOAI San Antonio (with with TERRY MCFARLANE)
WOAI – NEWS 4 SAN ANTONIO has an immediate opening for a Promotions Producer. The News 4 San Antonio creative team has a great opportunity for an exceptional promotion producer who loves marketing news. This is not an entry level position. We need a pro who can engage with the news department, write copy that sells, and has production skills to turn the finished product into great nightly spots. The ability to write, shoot and edit are essential. Must love a fast paced environment, and work with nightly deadlines.
- Producing nightly news topical promos and targeted special report promos
- Assisting with station sponsored events
- Contributing ideas and concepts as part of our team
If you have the required experience and skills, please apply below or visit www.sbgi.net and include your salary requirements while completing our on-line application. In addition, include a link to your latest work. Work examples should showcase strong editing and writing skills. If you do not have a link to your work, apply on-line and then send your non-returnable DVD to: WOAI-TV, Attn: Terry McFarlane, 4335 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78229
Think About This: “There was never a good war or a bad peace.” ~ Ben Franklin
Copyright 2016 © Kate Bacon / Well Dunne! Talent