Lovely LEAH MAYS is about to save a lot of time, a lot of gas and gas money, as well as wear and tear on her car. She’s returning to Raycom’s WLOX in Biloxi as the Brand Manager. She’s been commuting from her Oceanside home there to Hattiesburg for the last few years. The 75 miles drive takes about an hour. Hattiesburg is home to CBS affil WHLT where she helmed the marketing,and creative. Except for her first job in Bismark, ND (where she went to college), Ms. Leah has been in love with the Gulf Coast and has worked doing broadcast and station marketing for Meridian’s WGBC and Gulfport’s WXXV. Sticking closer to the ocean is going to be a real “ahhhh” feeling. A great big Well Dunne! Leah.
Job Alert – Creative Services Director WTVY Dothan AL
Job Alert – Preditor NBC Sports Philadelphia
Job Alert – Director of Marketing and Audience Development WSFA Montgomery
WSFA NEWS 12, the #1 brand in Montgomery, Alabama seeks a Director of Marketing and Audience Development to lead the station’s marketing department. This role provides expertise and support to News, Digital, Sales and all other local content efforts for multiplatform creative strategies, and commercial production services for WSFA.
- • This is the perfect role for someone who is currently a Director of Marketing, Marketing Director, Creative Services Director, Promotion Manager and/or Senior Producer looking for the next move in their career.
- • This individual is a hands-on leader, skilled in multi-platform marketing, outside media delivery, client creative services projects, and communications and community relations activities. Exceptional organizational and strategic thinking required to implement market research recommendations and achieve goals in audience development and revenue growth.
- • The Director of Marketing and Audience Development manages a creative team to produce award-worthy, audience-motivating promotion that will expand the station’s rapidly-growing broadcast and digital media presence. The Director of Marketing and Audience Development is also responsible for the station’s overall marketing strategy, including outside media planning and buying, budgets and employee training modules.
- • Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Film/Video or related field preferred. 2 years’ experience in a marketing leadership position preferred. Send creative reel demonstrating advanced knowledge of video production, especially Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects and DSLR cinematography. Qualified applicants only, apply online and attach resume, cover letter, and link to your most recent work. Drug screen and Motor Vehicle Record check required. EOE-M/F/D/V
- • https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com/jobs/8335/marketing-director/job
Spring is when nature wakes from a dormant state and reaffirms life in colorful, vibrant ways. It’s much like beginning a new job. That’s why Well Dunne! blog is so much fun to write. Getting to share and then share again the excitement and anticipation of newness…possibility. Happy Spring! Keep moving forward (Bacon motto).
Think About This: “Always have your hook baited. In the pool you least think, there will be a fish.” ~ Ovid
Copyright©2018 KDBacon/Well Dunne!
You really have to love marketing if you choose to move away from the beach and take a job inland…which is exactly what lovely LEAH MAYS is going to do in less than two weeks. Ms. Mays is going to be the new girl at The Meridian Family of Stations in, as the name says, Meridian, Mississippi. She’ll be a mere 168 miles from the gulls, pelicans and waves, so it’s not like she’s going to be all that far, eh? Leah has been Promotions and Social Media Director for Fox affil WXXV in Gulfport and helped sign on the NBC and MyTV affils there. The Minot State U grad has also honed her promo chops at WLOX in Biloxi. Up in Meridian, she’ll be wrangling creative for WGBC, WNDM and the HD Fox affil. Great big Well Dunne! Leah.
Sorry there’s no pix again…just haven’t had time to fix this…but it will happen…
Job Alert – Creative Services Manager KARE 11 Minneapolis
If you lead by example while inspiring a creative team… and realize that typical topicals are simply white noise for most news viewers, we want to hear from you.
KARE 11 in Minneapolis, Minnesota has an immediate opening in their Marketing and Creative Services Department for an organized and highly motivated Creative Services Manager.
This is a hands-on position — you will oversee AND be in the trenches with your team in writing, shooting and editing high-end original image, daily topicals, and special report promotions. Must be able to work tight and sometimes unrealistic deadlines (we’ve all been there) with minimal direction… and be ready to push creative beyond the typical. You’ll also be expected to assist in outside media plans, occasional logs, promotion production schedules and other managerial duties.
Required skills: Final Cut Pro, DSLR production, Staff Management Experience
Preferred skills: WideOrbit, After Effects, Basecamp
Willing to work a flexible schedule when needed. College degree or equivalent experience essential. Applicants with a news background and promotion management experience will fly to the head of the line.
To be considered a candidate for an opening at kare11.com/company/jobs – you must complete the online application at kare11.com/company/jobs. Attach your resume, video link and cover letter.
If you do also want to send something via the mail, please address to: Erik Candiani
Director of Marketing & Creative Services KARE 11 8811 Olson Memorial Highway
Minneapolis, MN email@example.com
You must complete the online application to be considered an applicant. (No phone calls please)
We are a drug free, EEO/AA employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status. We solicit your assistance on this opening and future possible openings.
Great news for anyone hwo uses color (and everyone does, of course). The Joseph Albers theory and writings on color is now available on an app for just $10. His book goes for more than $250. Don’t know abut Albers work? Good thing you can download it as soon as you can.
Think About This: “Nothing strengthens authority so much as silence.” ~ Leonardo da Vinci