Tagged with " Ray Richmond"
When a CSD promotes a producer with the words “greatly deserved’, it’s a doubly good thing. Good for the person getting the promotion and good for the CSD (and company) for nurturing talent. While they might not be able to read this because of the horrific ice storm forecast for their market, the good folks at Scripps in Kansas City have promoted ROBERT HESS ll to Promo Manager of NBC affil KSHB and independent KMCI. He’s been a Senior Producer for CD RANDY THURMAN, and obviously did a fantastic job. Bob, as he is known, is a grad of the University of Nebraska at Omaha and has a Masters in Communication fro University of Central Missouri. He started in promo over at WDAF in KC where he was also a shooter and an MMJ, so he knows the news side of the coin. Great big Well Dunne! Mr. Hess.
If you aren’t a fan of RAY RICHMOND’s writing, then a suspicious eye is cast upon you. Ray is great – knows the biz and has written for Variety and The Hollywood Reporter and he’s funny and on target…yes, this is a fan talking. While you read this, if you’re in the LA area, open your scheduler and go to January 16. Now for 7:30 pm, put free reading at Lounge Theatre on Santa Monica of Transition, Ray’s play about the meeting between Obama and Trump. It’s going to run for 5 weeks starting in March, but this reading is free and I bet hilarious. Do it. Be the first. NBCU’s JORDANA HOUCHINS is gonna be there.
Think About This: “Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.” ~ Albert Einstein
Copyright © 2017 Well Dunne! Talent/KD Bacon
Take care if you’re in the path of the great Noreast Blizzard. Note to Weather Channel – you can call any storm any name you want, but it’s still not going to catch on.
Job Alert – Production Manager / Design Director.
Reports To Creative Services Director WDSU-TV (NBC) is searching for an experienced and highly skilled Production Manager / Design Director. This position calls for a hands-on leader with a track record of creatively translating ideas into polished products. Working closely with the CSD, this position will conceptualize and execute visually compelling media across multiple platforms in support of our news brand, sales initiatives, and station marketing. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional design skills with a willingness to challenge the expected. The ability to maintain a great attitude, demanding excellence while juggling multiple projects is essential. A compelling reel and print portfolio are a must. Advertising agency experience is preferred.
To sample some of our recent work, please follow this link: http://youtu.be/VW3gaaBhjOk
- Work with Creative Services Director to ensure consistency in our station’s and News product’s image and branding.
- Work with the CSD and Asst. CSD to develop and implement strategies for promoting the station’s News brand and image.
- Create visual elements for special news events, special coverage, high-impact stories and long-form programs.
- Collaborate with Creative Services managers and producers to create imaginative and persuasive spots and multi-platform campaigns in support of the station’s promotional and marketing goals.
- Develop high end media presentations for Sales Dept. initiatives and client proposals.
- 5-8 years of broadcast television or agency experience with background in brand design/development
- Viz rt and broadcast production experience a big plus.
- Expert in design, typography, layout.
- Advanced skills in After Effects, Cinema 4D (or other 3D software), Illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere software. (Solid skills in Autodesk Maya a plus)
- Able to recognize hot design trends
- Ability to package products consistently across media; TV, PRINT and Web.
- Direct knowledge of New Orleans’ unique culture not required, but a definite plus.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher (Design, Art, Marketing or related field preferred) plus Relevant work experience in lieu of college is acceptable
To Apply: Send or email your resume along with a web-link to samples of your current work to: Billy Pilgrim, Creative Services Director WDSU-TV 846 Howard Ave, New Orleans, LA 70113 firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you catch the great write-up RAY RICHMOND got in the Huff Post for his uber cool fortune cookies?
Think About This: “Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.” ~ Eskimo Proverb
Week number two is being very good to NYASHA SINCLAIR, the Sr. Promotions Producer at WTTG/WDCA, the Fox/MyTV duop in DC. She’s working for the very talented MIKE HENRY. Ms. Nyasha is a firecracker and so much fun, and I hear she’s a very savvy marketing talent, too. Hailing from Queens, Nyasha’s first intro to TV was at MTV. What a cool way to kick off a career. She comes over to FOX from writing and producing in the promo department at TV One in Silver Spring. Big Well Dunne! Nyasha.
Let’s find ways to support media folks who are reinventing themselves. Take RAY RICHMOND for example. Ray is a fabulous LA-based writer who you might have read in Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, on Nikki Finke’s Deadline site and he was the LA Daily News TV Critic. What clever way can Ray take that writing and turn it into house payments? By doing fortune cookies, of course. Fun, original and even personalized fortune cookies. Check it out and make your friends happy at the same time. http://www.smartestcookies.com/
Job Alert – VP Brand Creative at A&E Job 145526 NYC
Job Alert – writer producer for KCCI in Des Moines
Think About This: “As little children, we are completely authentic. We never pretend to be what we are not. Our tendency is to play and explore, to live in the moment, to enjoy life. Nobody teaches us to be that way; we are born that way. This is our true nature before we learn to speak. ~ Don Miguel Ruiz