What do you say about a talented protégé whose work you’ve admired for many years…when that person announces they are retiring. How can that be? Retiring? Yes, it’s true…retiring. Using the “R” word is JIM ROTHSCHILD, currently Station Manager of legendary WRAL in Raleigh. Jim is a St. Louis man who has two stations on his resume: KMOX (now KMOV) and WRAL. That, my friends, is what is known as totally solid. Perhaps there’s a short stint at KTVI in St. Louis, but that’s just foggy memory. Hearing he’s retiring is dispiriting. Some people are like Atticus Finch…they’re always there. Jim is following the lead of current WRAL GM STEVE HAMMEL, who is handing in his GM biz cards and using the “R” word himself. April is when Jim steps away. Between the two men there is approximately 80-plus years of experience. Be impressed. There aren’t cap letters or colors to indicate how sincere and deep this is: Well Dunne! Jim.
Job Alert – Creative Director Science Channel LA job#19632
Job Alert – Promotion Manager KRDO Colorado Springs
Job Alert – Supervising Producer KTLA LA
Job Alert – Promo Writer Producer WDSU New Orleans
WDSU-TV, in New Orleans, has a rare opening for a Promotion Writer/Producer to write, shoot, edit and design promotion for all media platforms. This position is responsible for producing station image promotion for all platforms that advances our brand and gets noticed in a competitive market. This person will write, produce and creatively execute daily news promos and assist in the execution of street team events, station campaigns, and marketing projects. This person will also assist the promotions department in other duties, as assigned. If you are highly-creative and are motivated with a great attitude, then this job could be ideal for you!
- • Produce, write, shoot and edit compelling on-air promos and image campaigns from start to finish that generate viewer interest to increase the brand awareness and ratings for all multi-platforms.
- • Organizing, overseeing and executing projects from concept through delivery, directing and supervising video editors, production crews, and talent.
- • Create, update and enhance station on-air image, entertainment promos and graphics- this includes daily program episodes for air.
- • Produce and execute community outreach events, including on-air promotion and event planning/execution.
- • Assist with street team vehicle and events.
- • Hands-on editing and online editing supervision
- • Contribution to brainstorms across all departments
- • At least 3 years Television experience required.
- • Experience with Adobe applications such as After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Photo Shop a must.
- • Related military experience will be considered
- • Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- • Working knowledge of ENPS preferred.
- • Working knowledge of production processes including non-linear editing.
- • Proficient in cinematography and lighting.
- • Demonstrated ability to write compelling, conversational copy.
- • Strong image and promotion writing skills.
- • Must work well under extreme deadlines.
- • Must have flexible work schedule including nights and weekends as needed.
- • Must be creative and a team player.
- • Bachelor’s Degree or some college preferred.
- • Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
Think About This: “Despite what you may believe, you can disappoint people and still be good enough. You can make mistakes and still be capable and talented. You can let people down and still be worthwhile and deserving of love. Everyone has disappointed someone they care about. Everyone messes up, lets people down, and makes mistakes. Not because we’re inadequate or fundamentally inept, but because we’re imperfect and fundamentally human. Expecting anything different is setting yourself up for failure.” ~ Daniell Koeke
copyright2018 / Bacon/WellDunne