Talk about one lucky, lovely lady CSD…it’s KRISTIN JOYAL down at WAVY in the Hampton Roads (that’s Norfolk, Portsmouth Virginia ya’ll)…she was in need of a great writer producer. We all know how hard those are to find. Yet find she did…and she hit the jackpot. As a matter of fact, he’s already hard at work and, according to Kristin, knockin’ it out of the ballpark. The writer producer in question is one JASON RUEL. He’s a Connecticut guy who most recently was a Senior Creative Services Editor in Providence at WPRI/WNAC the CBS/FOX duop. He also did creative at WWLP in the Springfield, Massachusetts market. We can thank the former LIN now Media General group for their ability to pick and keep such a talented guy. Here’s to lots of good work and happy viewers in the Hampton Roads. Well Dunne! Jason.
Job Alert – Promotions Editor WPRI/WNAC-TV Providence, RI
The Creative Services Department of WPRI 12 & FOX Providence is seeking an experienced and creative AVID, non-linear editor for promotional assignments. This is not an entry level position. Applicants must have professional experience.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for production of stations’ promotional announcements (through news topicals, news series promos, image campaigns, digital image and more)
- Motivate viewers to watch the station and visit the station’s website through station promotion
- May be responsible for editing of station PSAs
- Maintain and manage promo footage in Avid
- Back up editor for Commercial Production
- Applicant must be able to work both with and without supervision of a producer to implement eye catching spots.
- Collaborate in the creative department and across the station to produce effective station advertising and marketing messages.
- Strong graphic design skills including experience with After Effects is required.
- Candidate must possess strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills as well as overall production skills.
- Must be able to handle the deadlines and pressures of a busy production schedule, have attention to detail, and is able to multi task
- Proficiency in television production and post- production.
- Proficient in computer software application (ex: Avid, Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Photoshop, etc.)
- Ability to concept and write promotion and advertising is a plus.
- Experience shooting is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree with at least 3+ years television promotions experience. Qualified candidates should apply on our website www.wpri.com and click on “Work for Us” No phone calls or emails please. NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Think About This: "Within your heart, keep one still, secret spot where dreams may go." ~ Louise Driscoll
Copyright 2015 © Kate Bacon / Well Dunne! Talent