It takes approximately one hour and fifteen minutes to make the drive from Buffalo, NY to Rochester, NY. 76 miles. Of course that doesn’t take into account weather or heavy traffic. And that’s just one way. Make it a round trip and that’s 2 and a half hours a day. Each week that means 12 and a half hours a week. 650 hours in a years time. That’s 81 days if we buy into the time frames we’re using. That’s how much STEVE PATRICK is going to get back when he makes the switch from CSD at Hubbard’s WHEC in Rochester to CSD at Nexstar’s WIVB in Buffalo. Seems the wife wanted to live in Buffalo and his love kept him on the road back and forth. Steve’s just that kind of great guy. He’ll be returning to WIVB where he was a Producer and Political Editor back when LIN owned the station. The Fordham grad got into the world of TV marketing and promo at WTAE in Pittsburgh then ran the creative at WNCN in Raleigh back when it was NBC. His WHEC GM is a great one as well, so that was a hard decision to make. But all those hours in the car…gonna be a new man with time on his hands! Big Well Dunne! Steve.
Job Alert – CSD WHEC Rochester
Job Alert – News Brand Producer WCPQ Seattle (work with SYDNEY RUBIN – which means this is the best opening in the biz right now – no kidding)
The Q13 FOX/JOEtv and Portland’s CW Creative Services department is looking for an experienced marketing pro to produce relevant, timely and interesting branding material to support our robust local news and sports programming. If you’ve got the creative chops and can also take on a supervisory role this might be for you. This position will act as the lead writer, producer, editor and director on priority Q13 News and sports branding campaigns. Additionally, this position will work with the News Brand Manager to mentor and grow a team of Writer/producer/editors in developing a wide range of news, sports, entertainment and digital marketing content.
- Write, produce, edit high-level promotional content to support the stations’ news and sports priorities.
- Independently develop strategic marketing and branding campaigns from conception to completion, based on brand ideals and goals.
- Help manage project assignments and workflow for a team of writer/producer/editors.
- Proficiency as a video shooter and understanding of best practices in video production.
- Basic understanding of television ratings, research, and other findings used to adjust creative messaging and strategy.
- Work with external partners and clients on revenue generating projects and brand integration.
- Demonstrated experience developing innovative creative solutions and marketing campaigns.
- Advanced production expertise, particularly in Adobe Premiere, After Effects & DSLR camera operation.
- Strong organizational and presentation skills.
- A proactive, self-motivated, problem solving mentality.
- A customer-first philosophy focused on the needs of both viewers and internal stake holders.
Please apply at this link:https://careers3-tribune.icims.com/jobs/45574/sr.-news-brand-producer/job?mode=view
No phone calls please. EOE
Tomorrow news from LA’s The-Artery. Yes, they’re in LA now! Details tomorrow as promised.
Think About This: "Let us not deceive ourselves or live in a silly illusion about our creativity. Creativity is a choice. (In theological terms, it is grace and works operating together. It is an option to live a life with grace.) Creativity is not a particular gift given to certain people only. It is a personal choice and a cultural choice, An individual choice and a family, professional, and societal choice, and at this time in our history it is a species choice. We choose whether to let creativity flow or not-in our educational systems, our media, our politics, our economics, our religions, our very psyches. In theological terms, it is a matter of letting the Spirit in, the Christ in, the Buddha nature in." ~ Matthew Fox
Copyright © 2017 Well Dunne! Talent Kate Bacon