Tagged with " KGUN"
This is a particularly happy post. Happy for GABRIEL LUNA (aka Gabe) who is going to get his first CSD slot. Gabe is a doll…a wonderful family man as well as a very talented promo pro. He’s headed to Tulsa to be CSD for Scripps’ NBC affil KJRH. Starts on or about July 2, which means he has to juggle PROMAX, moving, 4th of July holidays – ouch. You get the idea. He’ll be good with it all. He’s been Promotion Manager for Scripps KGUN in historic Tucson. Gabe’s a San Antonian (GREAT town!) who wrote and produced promos as well as did graphics for WOAI. He then went out to Seattle’s KIRO to hone his craft. Very excited that he’s been given the chance (well deserved) to CSD. OK, 1 – 2 – 3…Well Dunne! Gabe!
Job Alert – Promotion Manager KTBC Austin (work with David Squires!!)
Job Alert – Multimedia Producer Audience Development WABC NYC
WABC-TV, New York’s #1 station, seeks a Multimedia Producer for its Audience Development department. We’re looking for a highly gifted producer who can both shoot and edit, and also write copy that pops off the page. You have a creative vision for everything you do, you are brimming with ideas, and you bang out killer content in a New York minute!
You’ll work alongside a team of producers to create all kinds of content for all platforms. You’ll conceptualize, produce, write, shoot, and edit high-end promos and engaging content for multiple consumer touchpoints. You may also get the opportunity to spearhead original digital series that cater to your passions and interests.
1. Conceptualize, shoot, produce, write, and edit high-end spots for News, Programming, Sales and Public Affairs departments.
2. Collaborate with other producers to create audio/visual promotional content for on-air, online, and social.
3. Work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, highly creative environment.
4. Create custom content for various social platforms, driving tune-in and engagement.
5. Feed creative to outside vendors for various off-air advertising campaigns.
1. A minimum of 3 years of work experience in digital media.
2. Superior knowledge of Premiere, Final Cut Pro, or Avid
3. High level of skill with shooting, video, and lighting
4. Ability to write memorable copy that is crisp, clear, and concise with a unique voice
5. Basic After Effects skills necessary
6. Experience working in a deadline-driven news environment is a plus
7. A professional, positive attitude and the confidence to take initiative without supervision
Please apply via www.disneycareers.com and search for requisition #565199BR. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. WABC-TV, an owned station of ABC, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Think About This: “Time Travel Guide. To Stop time: Kiss. To Travel in time: Read. To Escape time: Music. To Feel time: Write. To Release time: Breathe.” ~ Shared by a friend
Cashing in his chips as a marketing pro for a casino is GARY BELL, the newly named, but no stranger, to the KGUN Creative Services department. He’s been there as Promo Manager and is returning as CSD after being Promotion Manager for the Desert Diamonds Casino and Entertainment concern in Tucson. Well, near Tucson. He’s a Tucson guy who has worked at KGUN under several owners as well as the Raycom station there. He even went to Collins College in the Old Pueblo. Well Dunne! Gary.
Job Alert – Topical News Producer WKRN Nashville (work with RICH SNYDER!!)
Think About This: “I loved him not for the way he danced with my angels but for the way the sound of his name silenced my demons.” ~ Christopher Poindexter
Copyright © 1917 KDBacon/WellDunneTalent
Retirement. It used to be word that conjured up icons of rocking chairs, fishing poles, and eating dinner at 4 in the afternoon. No more. Not even close. Retirement now is like the curtain coming down on one act of a play, then going right back up for the next one. F. Scott Fitzgerald once wrote that there are no second acts to American lives. He would not write that today. All this is prelude to announcing that SAM JONES is going to retire from his promo job at KMBC in KC. Sam’s been Sr. Writer Producer at the Hearst ABC affil as well as doing promo as Sr. Producer at WITI, Fox in Milwaukee. Down in Shreveport at KSLA, he produced commercials. Sam, let us know what Act 2 will be – we’re all ready to applaud. No matter what, enjoy! Well Dunne! Sam.
If this looks odd. please forgive. Gremlins are in the Macs tonight and I just don’t have the energy to fix it right now…. 😉
Job Alert – Graphic Artist KGUN Tucson (work with ANDY SCHWABE!!)
KGUN 9 and KWBA in Tucson are both stations owned by E.W. Scripps, a company rich in media history while staying focused on the future. Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Our 33 television stations and 34 radio stations are vibrant businesses. From this position of strength in TV, Radio and Digital, we are working to stay ahead of the ways in which people use technology to find news and information. But no matter what platform we use, we will always ascribe to our longtime motto: Give light and the people will find their own way.
We’re seeking a Graphic Designer who will be responsible for designing, creating and operating graphic related hardware and using tools such as 2D and 3D animation, print creatives, video shoots, stock imagery and photography for the Scripps television stations.
• Utilize VizRT software in the newscast delivery of graphics
• Conceptualize, design and create graphics and animations for news, radio, sales, programming, promotion and digital as assigned.
• Confer with clients to discuss design and animation projects
• Participate in presentation of creative concepts and production techniques
• Participate in discussion of broadcast video and graphic equipment to evaluate new hardware or software potential
• Participate in the development of a project with a focus on efficiency, quality and cost effectiveness
• Operate specialized broadcast graphic equipment
• Formulate layout design or presentation approach, and specify material details
• Manage assigned projects working within budget and scheduling requirements
• Prepare detailed storyboards showing sequence and timing of story development for television production
• Participate in the presentation of final layout to client for approval
• Work with the Art Director and Creative Service Director to develop design solutions
• Suggest solutions based on technical requirements/ limitations within a limited time frame
• Perform additional duties as needed and assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Experience with 2D and 3D animation (optional).
• Proficient with the following software programs preferred: Cinema 4d, Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/After Effects
• Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods via visual media.
• Knowledge of Basic design art and techniques.
• Must have strong design skills and able to generate a project from concept to completion or work in concert with others.
• Excellent interpersonal skills are required as well as the ability to successfully work in a team environment.
• Detail-orientated with the ability to multi-task and prioritize under tight deadlines.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including holidays, evenings and weekends.
• Previous graphics and art production work with background in TV desired.
• Experience in live news broadcasts and quick delivery of deadline driven graphics preferred.
We offer the following benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Short/Long Term Disability, Opportunities to grow, Wellness Program & more!
Job Alert – Sr Writer Producer KMBC Kansas City
SEEKING PRODUCER WHO DEMANDS AND DELIVERS EXCELLENCE KMBC and KCWE, owned and operated by Hearst Television, are looking for a highly-creative Senior Producer to write, shoot, edit and design promotion for all media platforms. This position is responsible for producing station image promotion that advances our brand and gets noticed in a competitive market. This person will write, produce and creatively execute daily news promos, station campaigns, and marketing projects. This person will also assist the promotions department in other duties, as assigned. If you demand excellence in yourself, inspire others, think outside the box and are motivated with a great attitude, this job could be ideal for you! Send resume and demo reel to Paul Tranisi, c/o KMBC-TV, 6455 Winchester Ave., Kansas City, MO, 64133 Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org EOE M/F/D/V
Job Responsibilities: +Produce, write, shoot and edit compelling on-air promos and image campaigns from start to finish. Generate viewer interest to increase brand awareness and ratings for all platforms. +Organize, oversee and execute projects from concept through delivery. Direct and supervise video editors, sound editors and talent. +Demonstrate advanced proficiency shooting HD and 4K video with a variety of different cameras including DSLR and Canon’s C300. +Create, update and enhance station on-air image, entertainment promos and graphics. +Hands-on editing and online editing supervision. +Contribute to brainstorm sessions across all departments.
Qualifications Requirements: Advanced skills and experience working with Adobe Premiere. +Must have experience with the Magic Bullet Suite, the Trapcode Suite, Video Copilot Optical Flares and Video Copilot Element 3D and Cinema 4D Studio. +Must possess outstanding skills in videography and studio/field lighting. +Demonstrate ability to write compelling, conversational copy. Strong image and promotion writing skills. +Must work well under tight deadlines. +Must be a team player and think outside the box. +Television Writer/Producer experience preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or some college preferred or equivalent work experience.
Think About This: "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." – Albert Einstein
Yes, this is still copyrighted 2017© Well Dunne Kate Bacon
“I was only there such a short time when the call came.” This is how the conversation with GABE LUNA began. Gabe is a major favorite (thank you LAUREL PORTIE) and a totally creative ‘One To Watch’ who is the new Promotion Manager of Scripps’ KGUN in Tucson. The call he refers to is one from his father, who had gotten the green light for a double lung transplant. Of course Gabe had to be there, so into the car he jumped and drove I-10 to San Antonio, no doubt in record time. His boss at KGUN, ANDY SCHWABE, and the rest of the management team was supportive, even with the November ratings book workload. Now THAT, people, is a good operation. Andy is a leader who described his new hire this way: “He’s going to bring fresh creativity and energy to our already fantastic group of talented marketing professionals." Papa Luna is slowly recovering, and if you have any extra good thoughts you might want to send them his way. Gabe is back in Arizona, hard at work at KGUN and has a plateful of blessings for which to be thankful next Thursday. Gabe is a San Antonio guy who attended SAC (San Antonio College, which is nearly next to the best restaurant in town) and worked as Production Director of the Trinity Broadcasting Network before jumping into promo work at Sinclair’s operation in the Alamo City. He also honed his promo chops in Seattle. Get Well to Gabe’s dad and Well Dunne! to Gabe.
Sending condolences to KLAS CSD HENRY VASQUEZ who lost his mother this week.
If you’re into Art (as many of you are) you should check out The Art of More on Crackle.com. It’s not only a fun watch, it’s on a free site. You’re welcome.
Think About This: “The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance.” ~ Aristotle
Copyright 2015 © Kate Bacon / Well Dunne! Talent