KYTX GM DONNA WILSON knows a thing or two about marketing and creative…it’s her background before she got booted up to the GM office. So when she picks someone to be CSD for her station, you know they have to have the chops to shine. That person is DEVON HEFFER, who will take over the creative efforts for the CBS affil in Tyler, Texas come January 7th. Will be a busy holiday season for Devon and he’ll hit the ground running so they’ll be ready for the Super Bowl in February. And then come spring will be the Rose Festival. Devon has been in Charlotte at WCNC as Sr. Writer Producer, so he’ll stick with Tegna in this move. His first TV gig was in the news end of things at Scripps’ KSNV in Vegas and he made the switch to promo there before heading to Phoenix KNXV to hone the promo talents. He spent time teaching at Connecticut School of Broadcasting as well. Sounds like someone to keep your eye on, eh? Well Dunne! Devon.
Job Alert – Associate Creative Director HBO NYC #167051BR
Job Alert – Creative Services Manager WGCL Atlanta
Think About This: “Art is standing with one hand extended into the universe and one hand extended into the world, and letting ourselves be the conduit for passing energy.” ~ Albert Einstein
There’s nothing like promoting someone who has been working with you. It really is a vote of confidence as well as an exciting new opportunity for both parties. So, with that in mind, let’s hear it for STEVE SANCHEZ, newly named Promotion Manager for TEGNA’s CBS affiliate KYTX in Tyler, Texas. Steve has been a news editor who, no doubt, will take those lightening quick editing skills to a more artistic plane doing TV promo. His new boss, Marketing Director KEVIN MEYER, thinks Steve is on the road to being a real Rock Star. Sounds like it. Steve has been busy outside the station, namely being part of a film production. Devils Deal (available on Amazon) was shot in East Texas and Steve edited it. He loves film and this sounds like an ideal situation for everybody. It’s all coming up roses in Tyler. (bonus points if you get that) Big Well Dunne! Steve. And thanks Kevin!
Bravo to former promo pro now GM STEVE CARTER who is trading his Atlantic oysters for Rocky Mountain ones when he moves back to Denver to be GM of KUSA. Steve is currently GM of Tegna’s Portland, ME station WCSH (where they have the best News Director ever…take a bow MIKE REDDING). Steve knows his way around KUSA, where he was VP of Marketing and Promotion for just about 20 years. Big Well Dunne!
RIGHT NOW…turn off your phones, shoo people out of your office, close the door, turn up the volume of your computer and WATCH THIS VIDEO. It is THE most important lesson in economics you will EVER learn. DO IT. There will be a quiz later.
Job Alert – Topical Promo Producer WJXT Jacksonville (work w/ SHERRY CARPENTER!)
#1 rated WJXT, the Graham Media Group-owned station in Jacksonville, one of Florida’s best kept secrets, seeks a motivated, high-energy Creative Services Topical Writer-Producer to join our award winning team. Candidate will be responsible for bringing our brand to life through compelling writing, break through editing and strategic concepts. The qualified candidate must be able to conceive, write, edit and succeed in a fast paced, results-oriented media environment. Ideal candidate will be an innovative thinker and a self-motivator with the ability to contribute ideas and learn from those around them. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to write compelling, engaging promotional messages for all platforms.
- Write, produce and edit compelling news image and topical promotions.
- Social media marketing and content development.
- Assist in all areas of station promotions, marketing, commercial production, special projects, community events and more.
- Participate fully in daily news meetings.
- Work well with news producers, photographers and reporters in the field.
- Produce image, web videos and other promotions as assigned.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, holidays on short notice.
- Must be able to work a night side position if needed.
- Television promotion experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Premier experience and After Effects a plus.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules.
- Both a team player and a solo act rolled into one.
- Ability to problem-solve, find positive solutions to challenges.
- Must be well-organized and highly motivated.
TO APPLY: E-mail or send resume and reel to: email@example.com No Phone Calls Please
Think About This: "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Copyright 2016 © Kate Bacon / Well Dunne! Talent