Some of us change jobs and move across town. Some move across time zones. Some move coast to coast. And SOME of us take the word ‘Adventure’ and go whole hog, choosing to take a very different path indeed. CRISTINA ROMENTO, who has lately been doing a fab job producing promos for Scripps’ “The List” in Phoenix, is packing up and moving to Thuwal Saudi Arabia, which is right on the Red Sea across from where Egypt ends and Sudan begins. Go on…Google it. She won’t be doing TV per se, but she will be using all her marketing talents to the betterment of the world, introducing inventions and startups on behalf of KAUST Official, which is King Abdullah University of Science and Technology. Cristina has longed to work overseas since she was little and this opportunity came along at just the right time. There’s going to be so much to share along this venture…can’t wait to hear all the details. On behalf of the TV peeps on this side of The Pond, a very international Well Dunne! Cristina.
Job Alert – Creative Services Director WBRE/WYOU Scranton PA
Job Alert – Designer WJAR Providence
Job Alert – Manager-Marketing FX Networks Beverly Hills FNG0003952
Job Alert – Creative Services Writer-Producer WKMG Orlando
WKMG-TV, the Graham Media Group owned station in sunny Orlando, seeks a motivated, high- energy Creative Writer-Producer to join our award winning creative team. Candidate will be responsible for bringing the Local 6 brand to life through compelling writing, superior editing and strategic conceptualization. The qualified candidate must be able to conceive, write, edit and succeed in a high energy results oriented media environment. Ideal candidate will be an innovative thinker and a self motivator with the ability to contribute ideas and learn from those around them.
- Must be able to write compelling, engaging promotional messages for all platforms.
- Write, produce and edit compelling news image and topical promotions.
- Social media marketing and content development.
- Assist in all areas of station promotions, marketing, commercial production, special
projects, community events and more.
- Participate fully in daily news meetings.
- Work well with news producers, photographers and reporters in the field.
- Produce image, web videos and other promotions as assigned. Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, holidays on short notice.
- Must be able to work a night side position.
- Two years + television promotion experience a plus.
- Exceptional knowledge of Premier or Final Cut experience and After Effects a plus.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules.
- Both a team player and a solo act rolled into one.
- Ability to problem solve, find positive solutions to challenges
- Must be well organized and highly motivated.
E-mail or send resume and reel firstname.lastname@example.org No Phone Calls Please WKMG –TV Attn: Kymberli Peoples -Creative Services Director 4466 JOHN YOUNG PARKWAY ORLANDO, FL 32804
Note: All of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described in this posting. Any offer of employment is conditional on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and required reference checks, background checks and educational degree verification.
Well Dunne! Talent’s MELANIE HAYNES, who appeared in the WGN’s original SALEM is just one of the reasons you can enjoy the binge of their first season. Kicking off this Saturday (tomorrow) at 10 eastern, you can do a marathon watch and actually say you did a marathon. No Nike’s needed. Enjoy – check your cable listing for details. And Melanie thanks you too!
Think About This: “We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better.” ~ JK Rowling
Copyright 2015 © Kate Bacon / Well Dunne! Talent